Thread: Vodafone dongle issues!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Vodafone dongle issues!!

Hi Peeps, i dont know if some of you are aware at the moment but the Vodafone Dongle k3760 for 3G wireless is not compatible with SNOW LEOPARD software on the Apple Macs. I have spoken to vodafone on 2 occasions now since saturday and its an absolute shambles.

I have been advised to now restore back to normal leopard and i will have to wait until Vodafone have sorted out the software update that can be compatible with the above Dongle!! could be 1, 2 or 3 months till its sorted. I cant believe that one of the most popular networks in the world cant get this stuff sorted even though Vodafone have in house MAC developers!

Any experiencing this at the moment?
    My last username was ElTelcoupeT....Im now TelTel & Detailing is my game!!.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You see, well you can't really complain.
    Don't mean to be an ass.

But you should of checked compatibility before upgrading. Plus new Device software is kinda slow to be released on OSX anyway compared to the likes of windows etc.

That's just how it is. Not all company's jump to the next level.

If you think that is bad Adobe Photoshop CS3 will have no support on the new Mac OS. You'd be force to upgrade to cs4.

Don't think there is much to complain about. Frustrating I know. But you will just have to wait. It is usually the way with Mac stuff. If it's broke you'll be forced to wait for an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was using Vodafone with windows xp...........and it was total sh*te....... I was tied into contract and couldn't cancel......

Slow speeds, poor connectivity..............at 9pm every night without fail it would drop connection and wouldn't re-connect properly until midnight most nights!!

It was a nightmare if you were buying/watching anything on ebay or even downloading anything.....

If its got pistons or tits, its gonna be expensive!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davee View Post
    I was using Vodafone with windows xp...........and it was total sh*te....... I was tied into contract and couldn't cancel......

Slow speeds, poor connectivity..............at 9pm every night without fail it would drop connection and wouldn't re-connect properly until midnight most nights!!

It was a nightmare if you were buying/watching anything on ebay or even downloading anything.....
    cheers Dave, atleast you have experienced it also!! the connection is also pants sometimes. It was explained a while ago that alot of broadband providers dont guarentee you their advertising connection speeds!
    My last username was ElTelcoupeT....Im now TelTel & Detailing is my game!!.