Thread: Jetex Sports Cat

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jetex Sports Cat

Just thinking, i have a GT3 cat back on my mk4 1.4. Its loud, a bit too loud sometime, its a 2" pipe isnt it?? Could i fit one of those small jetex silencers to it somehow?

Also, what kind of power would a jetex 200 cell sports cat add, maybe along with a dblias flowmaster if i get the cash. The only way i can comtemplate spending this money though is if these parts will all fit onto a block standard 1.8 sri (im planning to get one in march)

I know the sports cat would reduce back pressure, but, would the dblias be worth it. Or am i coming back to the age old argument of vectra c mod +k&n filter V Induction Kit.

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    my mate had a flowmaster on a 1.8 Sri and found it to be no better than the vectra mod, yes a jetex silencer will fit somewhere in the middle section and i did this on a vectra to quieten down a noisey system. as for sports cat i will not comment except to say that i personally found that my car lost some power with one fitted and failed the MOT due to lack of heat build up in the cat which stopped it working, could have been a rubbish make though.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You're mixing up a cat with a silencer - the GT3 centre pipe doesn't have a silencer on, the cat is before the catback exhaust nearer the exhaust manifold. You'd need to source a centre pipe with a silencer, not a sports cat.

Sports cats, straight through exhaust systems, they both reduce back pressure. You should not lose power because of this, you should gain power though to make the most of this you'd benefit from a remap (more so with a sports cat too probably) as the reduced back pressure might result in slight underfuelling as there is less exhaust gas being left in the cylinders but the ECU is still only injecting fuel based on this gas being there...at a guess anyhow!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yer i thought i would. But i mean, could i move a sports cat to a 1.8 from a 1.4, or would the fact that a 1.8 gives off more gases than a 1.4 make it completely inneffective. I was thinking remap as well.

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    most of the cats are a similar size internally, swapping them about will all depend on whether you have an 'under car' cat or the manicat that is in with the manifold

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have a full JETEX stainless system and its just right for sound IMO,Iam not a fan of loud exhausts. I am also running a Stainless manifold ans 200 cell sports CATon my Astra SRi X20XEV
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here