Thread: Astra 2004 MK5 iTouch Challenge CD30

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra 2004 MK5 iTouch Challenge CD30

For the last two years I have just had a Belkin FM converter for my ipod/iTouch. Although it's done its job I would just like something that has more features.

Not sure if any of you can help, but I have some questions about the CD30 unit with a two line digital display in a 2004 MK5 Astra 1.6 16v SXi Twinport Sport. I can see there has been quite a lot of talk on the forum about this issue around the CD30 unit in Astra's but just wanted to clarify these points with the Car model above.

1. iTouch will charge while playing
    2. Tracks and playlists can be navigated through controls on the steering wheel and main unit
    3. Tracks are displayed on the digital display
    2. A dock for the itouch to sit in

Question 1
    Fit a Dension Ice Plus or is it the Dension Ice Lite and that would be able to play the iTouch through the FM transmitter, it would charge while playing through a dock it can sit in. Though the display will not show the tracks and the steering wheel controls could not interact with the iTouch, only the volume function would work on the steering wheel controls.

Question 2
    Take out the CD30 unit and 2 line display and replace with a CD30 MP3 unit that has AUX IN enabled and a 3 line display? do the CD30 MP3 units ever work with two line displays? Does the CD30 MP3 unit work with the SXi 2004 MK5 model? This solution 'if possible' would then give me all four features above?

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Forget the CD30 all together, there just pants no matter what you do to them. Just fit a double din aftermarket head unit with a proper interface already on it.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)