Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm the Newbie

Morning all,

First time on a chat room and thought well now that I own an Astra and a Zafira it was about time i reached out to people. Also the fact i was at silverstone on Sunday!!

I will post pictures when i get a chance but in the meantime i actually need some help?
    I have an Astra MK4 18 SXI which seriously needs some engine upgrades and i'm a novice, know how it works and obviously oil water etc but never had the balls to do any of the work myself!! Any advise please let me know???

Thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what do you want to do to it ??
    ITS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well i dont want blow your brains out quick but it is the standard 126BHP so anywhere up to the 150/180 Brake would be nice. Problem i face is that the Zaf is a 2ltr turbo (est 200BHP) so when i get back in the astra its like i'm going backwards!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    your car is 123bhp standard bud

you will struggle to get the astra to 150 , best thing without blowing hundreds of money is get a full exhaust system manifold everything, a proper induction kit and get it remapped and also do a full service and put good sparks into it , ull maybe find that takes you upto 145 or close to

then if your still not satisfied with that youll then need to go to the likes of racing camshaft ( high lift cams) lightweight racing crank lightend flywheel race clutch etc but thats alot of money

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats cool, so why is it when you look at auto trader they state it's 126?
    I was probably going to go this route of changine just a few things, any ideas where??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a duno i have always used parkers facts and figures .
    where are you from bud ?
    em as for exhaust the best performance exhaust i know of are miltek exhaust or go n get a custom made one n state you want it for performance . ebay for induction kit and well theres a garage in my area that does remaping

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dunstable (bedfordshire)
    I have been checking ebay so will keep an eye out, really depends on if i do keep it or not, which depends on if the wife changes her job!
    I dont really want to get rid of it as i've had the car for 7 years and it is great fun to drive. But it does need some money throwing at it, needs and new exhaust anyway, just had a service about 6 months ago which cost me over £700! Needs a repray and will need new wheels. plus then i'd like to get the SRI kit for it, nothing to flashy!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ahh so it needs a fair amount of dosh then either that or u punt it for as much as possible and buy a sri-t or gsi get a decent yin for round about 4 k

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well that was the idea when we got the Zaf, Long story short both me and the misses have been made redundant so we used the cash to but the zaf GSI as she has a company vehicle. But now she tells me today that she doesnt like the job and might start looking to move. If this is the case then whats trhe point of selling the Astra. Not a bad car, its reliable, everything still works just looks a bit tatty where inconsiderate B'Stards like slaming shopping trolly or doors against it! Also has just over 100K miles on the clock so sooner or later it will start to cost me big time!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    typical women cant stick to anything haha. well thats y a would say sell it before it starts costing you a fortune . and has for those b'stards it happens thats y when a park at supermarket i park furtherst away from shop the gf hates me for that tho lol ,
    really is a matter if you can do without the second car for a month or two n get some money n get the car you want as ive always said u only live once and theres no point in working all your life and not getting what you want , know what a mean

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast