Thread: new GSI owner, advice needed please clutch/slip & break judder...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

new GSI owner, advice needed please clutch/slip & break judder...

Hi, I brought a 2003 astra Gsi last week and have a few questions. The car is already set up on a Regal stage 3 and producing around 280>290 bhp. I have noticed that when the traction control is on I seem to be experiencing clutch slip and with the traction control off this does not happen so im unsure if this is not actually the clutch slipping but its something to do with how the traction control works? Any advice on this would be great!

The other question I have is around the wheel and break set up…. The car has at present 308mm(standard size?) grooved and drilled front discs on 18” aftermarket wheels, the car has also been lowered but unaware of what set up this is? So basically now the question is when I am trying to park the car in a parking space I seem to be experiencing some sort of juddering on the steering wheel when the car is near full lock and also when breaking when the wheels are locked. Unsure if this is due to low break pads? also any advice would be great.

Thanks All Mike

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it not the abs when the wheels are locked under hard breaking? The tc will back power off so u shouldn't get any clutch slip. Also when the clutch is slipping this should not bring on the tc. Is the tc flickering or coming on constant? Also with the map ur running it is recommended to have a updated clutch fitted.

I bought my gsi few weeks ago and on way home my clutch started to slip lol was gutted but there worth it!