AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Removing Mk5 door card

On the back of my other thread:

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=216010

How do I go about removing the door card from the driver's side back door? Is it a fiddley job? Anything I should be wary of before having a go at it?
    Silver 2008 Astra SXi 1.7CDTi 100

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hey, it's not too difficult getting the door card out, you need to remove all the screws first and then carefully pull the card away from the door from the bottom and both sides there'll be some plastic rivets as well, be careful not to use too much force and break these, then prise the top bit out of the brackets (most difficult bit, a trim removal tool will be handy), and then pull away from the door, . HTH, if not, let me know and I'll double check my Haynes manual.

If you do find the leak, some silicone is always good if possible, used it to repair a leak in the sunroof of my old clio, held up for a couple of years before one day, going round a sharp bend hear a gush of water and it all fell out into my lap

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah after speaking to the Vauxhall garage the guy told me exactly how to fix it... so I then told him I didn't need it booked in their garage now... will give it a go, apparently it can be quite a common thing and it is just a case of silicone around the speaker surround. Thanks buddy, any more info you could give would be very much appreciated!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    /BIG BUMP

If anybody out there has taken the door card off a Mk5 5dr (back door card) before then please give me all the info you can!

Just taken a look at it now (yeah I'm hardcore... dark AND raining ) and the only visible screw I could find was located at the bottom. If you check out the link to my other thread you'll see my problem. The leak is definately coming from the underneath of the speaker surround; completely soaked the carpet in the footwell and has a steady trickle of water coming into the car from under the speaker surround. Compared to the other side that's completely bone dry

This has really annoyed me but meh - that's life. So if any of you out there can give me some pointers I'll love you long time!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    /bumpedy bump

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry mate, didn't get a chance to check the manual last night, will try tonight. In regards to the screws, I haven't personally removed the back door cards, but if it's anything like the front one, there'll be a couple of screws along the bottom of the door card, then a couple on the side (when door is open) and i think you also need to remove a cover on the door handle bit (just prise away with a small screwdriver) which reveals a couple more screws, that should be all of them.

4STRA
    rear door cards have one screw or two screws depending on model at the bottom of door card below the speaker, the door card then just pops of with a good pull at the bottom and the top, there are 5 press studs on the door card and they can be quite tight so you may need to gently prise them off, once the door card is loose then you need to remove the electric window switch wire if fitted and the speaker wires, refit is reversal of removal.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks 4STRA, as I said the only visible screw I found was located at the bottom of the back door... will also try prising the door grip cover off to have a look and see if there are any more screws under there.

4STRA
    hi heres a quick how to, hope it helps,

first remove the screw from under the speaker as photo one

next remove the handle trim it just pops up and off though you may need a flat blade to help it on its way, you will then see two screws as photo two

next remove the little trim behind the door opener, this is done by pushing a flat blade into the groove at the top and you will see the scre to remove as photo three

the door card then just pull off away from the door it may take some pulling!! and is held in by the poppers shown in photo four

if completely removing the door card away from the car then you will need to disconnect the the clip off that holds the door relaesa handle on but theses are very easy they just unclip, however if youre just sealing the surrounds etc then you dont really need to remove them as there is enough room to get in. you can see two chrome washers in the middle and one on the top right this is where the screws are looking from behind the door card.

hope that helps

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    VERY VERY much appreciate this mate! Very helpful!

The leak I have is coming from underneath the speaker surround, coming into the car... looking at the last photo I can't really see how water is even getting in there! Will take mine off and have a look... no idea what I could seal though to stop the leak!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast