Thread: Car Finance

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car Finance

Right, my 19yr old civic, which i use for work, has failed its MOT. It cost me £500 and will cost roughly £250 to repair. Its poor on fuel, slow and old

So, I want to get a new car but have poor credit. I know i'm not the only one so can someone post up the good 'HERE TO HELP' loan sharks? I suppose my best option is Car Finance. Found one site but hate putting in my details a 1,000 times.

Internet Car Finance

So please help
    You Can Sleep In Your Car But You Can't race Your House!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    find out what the rates are and who its underwritten by.

Im still having problems with my old finance company (Welcome Car Finance) after 18months of starting the "now so called problem" off.

I too unfortunately screwed my credit up years ago and was really then only way to get a car. They were ok for me but expect to be bent over and have high prices stuffed from everywhere.

Might be a bit personal but do u have any defaults, ccj's, IVAs, convictions?
    Couldnt you get a bank loan and buy a car from auto-trader or ebay rather than go to these kind of companies?

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just how bad is your credit?

Welcome car finance are good for those with a poor credit rating however you do pay for it.

There are other options depending on just how bad your rating is. As above, things like ccjs, and ivas are worse than just a few missed payments or late payments.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    Just how bad is your credit?

Welcome car finance are good for those with a poor credit rating however you do pay for it.

There are other options depending on just how bad your rating is. As above, things like ccjs, and ivas are worse than just a few missed payments or late payments.
    The only problem with people like welcome car finance is that at the end of the agreement you will have paid through the nose for any car you have and the total amount paid will vastlty outweigh the value of the vehicle itself.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome Car Finance have gone! Check there site. I have 1 CCJ and a default, but the CCj does not show on Credit Checks. I know this as i have recently had to do one for a rented house i moved into and it was not there! Other than that, it was just stupidness like not paying phone bills, credit cards etc when i was younger (4-5 years ago) But it still haunts me now! Banks wont touch me and Black Horse Finance could not get me a loan. So it seems Car Finance is the only way. Just wanted to know the best company to use from ppl that have used them
    You Can Sleep In Your Car But You Can't race Your House!

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
    The only problem with people like welcome car finance is that at the end of the agreement you will have paid through the nose for any car you have and the total amount paid will vastlty outweigh the value of the vehicle itself.
    Yep - and don't I know it but unfortunately it's the only way to get a car for some folk.

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had car finance through welcome before and they were ok - I VT half way through so had to give the car back but at least didnt have to pay anymore.

Can recommend a really good car credit provider for people with poor credit history. He provides my current finance and is really helpful and not too bad on the old APR. They are a broker and a finance provider so if they cant lend to you then they might be able to find someone that will plus you can buy the car from almost any garage you want.

Only thing is he wont lend more than trade value on any car so basically you will need a deposit.

Definitely give him a call to discuss options though if you're looking for car credit. Say I recommended ya (tim with the astra lol)

heres there website http://www.acceptcarcredit.com/ it looks like a large company but think they're just a family run business. Ask for Neil when you call - he is the director.

hth
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    Yep - and don't I know it but unfortunately it's the only way to get a car for some folk.

Don't worry we found it out the hard way too.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's