AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Thumbs Up New Boost Pipe and Collins DV

Hi all,
    Just want to share this with you all:-

After contemplating buying a IC to Plenum Boost Pipe and DV i fell upon a local chap who was selling his Astra GSi and wanted a few pounds for his Regal Boost Pipe... so I thought 'Why not?'.

Now after fitting the Boost Pipe and buying a Collins DV... well.... Definately the Mutts Nutts.

I'm running the OE DV in tandem but it does not quiet down the Collins much at all so going with this set up for the mo, but will most probably fit a one-way valve some time soon...

All vac pipes i'm using are 3mm ID and i have by-passed the Rear BCS so have it piped direct from TB to OE DV and T'd in for FPR and Collins.
    If she's not sticking her fingernails into the roof lining and digging her stilettos into the dash then you ain't going fast enough!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You aint heard nothing yet
    Get a one way valve on it.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    a one way valve in mine made little difference noise wise to my collins, just gave me turbo chatter and made the car run rough

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive recently fitted a regal boost pipe and collins dump valve to my totally standard gsi, i cant fault it and its really loud as it is with standard dv working. Personally i wouldnt want it any louder, it would get on my tits after a while.