Thread: boots electronic

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

boots electronic

hi ther as above im after one for my bus any ides where i can get one from?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Do you want to boost your bus's electronics or boost your bus electronically?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurrTony View Post
    Do you want to boost your buses electronics or boost your bus electronically?
    sorry a boost controler to change boos they do an electronic one but cant find them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    OK maybe I misread your original post.....

Stricktly speaking boost controllers are used to turn down the boost not up. Is this what you want to achieve?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Actually boost controllers can be fitted and used to either increase (as I did on my previous and current cars) or decrease boost depending on needs/desires, the application but more specifically the air flow capabilities/efficiencies/abilities of the ancillaries (turbo mainly) fitted to the vehicle.

An Apexi AVC-R. HKS EVI VI, Gizzmo MS-IBC & Greddy Profec-B boost controllers to name a few (many more can be used) can all be used on the Z20LET. However remember that a boost controller will only be able to increase boost:

1. to the maximum allowable by the ECU map currently being run
    2. to the maximum flow rate/efficiency of the turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    However remember that a boost controller will only be able to increase boost:

1. to the maximum allowable by the ECU map currently being run.
    So in other words a boost controller can only reduce the pressure of a cars existing setup.

My point was that a lot of people think they can just add a boost controller and turn up the boost for more performance.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So in other words a boost controller can only reduce the pressure of a cars existing setup.

My point was that a lot of people think they can just add a boost controller and turn up the boost for more performance.
    im running 308 bhp at the mo im going red dot at 11 on thursday as sat was a let down as my car faild mot on emisions any way i want 3 way boost set up just say setting 1 for 200bhp setting 2 280bhp and setting 3 for strip or quick overtake witch will be 340bhp oggy at red dot will set it all up for me i just want to bye one but cant find any

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, absolutely not true...A boost controller can increase or decrease boostr pressure at various RPM's over standard depending on application. You can;t make such a sweeping statement. Where possible, such as with a VXR, STi, EVO etc, you can increase the boost pressure across the RPM range as the turbo has excess flow capacity. It is only where you attempt to increase boost beyond the efficiency of the currently affixed turbo that continuing to increase boost with a boost controller will yield minimal results.

In actuality you can continue to increase boost beyond efficiency of the turbo, however increasing boost pressure will yield minimal if any perfomance increase due to temperature and density losses in the intake charge.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 300bhpzafira View Post
    im running 308 bhp at the mo im going red dot at 11 on thursday as sat was a let down as my car faild mot on emisions any way i want 3 way boost set up just say setting 1 for 200bhp setting 2 280bhp and setting 3 for strip or quick overtake witch will be 340bhp oggy at red dot will set it all up for me i just want to bye one but cant find any
    The big question here is what turbo are you running??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast