Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BC button

Hey, im new to the forum, so a big hello to you all

I have a astra MK5 5 door sxi and i have a problem with it. Basically, the BS button uner the settings isn't working on it. It comes up saying no fuction. Is there any way to get it working without taking it to the garage?

Thanks

4STRA
    unless you have the 3 line display screen that show mpg,spped etc then the bc button will not work!!! you will know if you have three lines as it doesnt have the two buttons at bottom of screen you can buy the screen and have them activated by tech2 and then the button will work.

this is a two line that wont work with bc button
    http://i43.tinypic.com/fcqkoy.jpg

if you buy a three line display you must make sure it is divorced from the car it came out of otherwise it will not work in your car!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine is like the one above, how much will it cost to buy the screen and fit it plus getting the button to work?

Thanks

4STRA
    i got mine from here
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Astra...d=p3286.c0.m14

bit pricey but worth it!!! and already divorced, putting them in is easy and to have them programmed will cost anywhere from £15 upwards depending if you use vauxhall or somebody on here who has tech 2.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how do you divorce the one that is already in it? and i dont think thats too bad a price to be honest, is it easy to change over?
    Thanks

4STRA
    you would need to get it divorced on tech 2 before removing your old one, to fit the new one you would first remove the stereo using these
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC5-110-Double...d=p3911.c0.m14

then just pull out the air con dials to give more room once done the screen is held in with two screws and then just pulls out, refit is reversal and then tech two to marry the stero up with screen, the whole thing takes around 20 mins.

where are you in the country? i know a guy in north east that does the job.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i live in leeds mate so might not be too far

4STRA
    im in darlington, leeds is only hour at the most just up the a1, if youre thinking of getting the screen done i could give you the guys number? pm if interested.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that would be cool, any idea how much it will cost for him to do it if i buy the screen and the things to take out the stereo?

Thanks

4STRA
    hi
    if you bought the screen he will unmarry take out stereo and old screen and fit new screen and tech 2 marry them for you, i have pm you the price!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast