Thread: New here,astra 1.7 dti buying and engine mods help please

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New here,astra 1.7 dti buying and engine mods help please

Hi to everyone im new to the club and hoping to stop around as i maybe buying a astra 1.7 dti today..and putting to rest my much loved cavy that has served me 9 yrs without fail.im from manchester and my name is craig

now this astra just want to know as ive been told this is not a problem but want ur advice on is,is 125k ok for a diesel,,(has full history with car)

and ive drove the car and its a clean one but its not the quickist as you prob know only being 75 BHP

so what mods can i do to up this,,remapping company has told me they can raise it from 75 to 95-100 for £250..is this true and is there anythin else i can do.

To be honest i dont want is fast just more than it is,,my friend has a 1.3 cdti 55 plate corsa,he has it remapped and it flys.so it worked for his but that is diff engine yeah?

like i said im no biy racer im 33 and just want it to pick up better than it does

thanks again and hope to stop around,,great site/forum

craig

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok just to add im told these suffer from the fuel pump going as i thougth it was the 2.0 dti for dome reason,,now im a little worried,,ive got to give an anser on buying buying 5 oclock today..so any help would be loads thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The fuel pumps don't go, its usually the ecu on the back of the pump which suffer from dry solder joints.I'd check for oil in the header tank which is usually oil cooler failure, not expensive to fix but it takes a while to flush all the oil from the cooling system.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    will it be the isuzu engine in this do you know? its a y reg 2001 i cant find a picture of the gm engine all i know is it had a large black rocker cover and some kind of ecu just behind where a carb would normaly be and 2 wires going to it..diesel bob said if its isuzu the pump wont go..but cant find out

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The 1.7 dti is an isuzu engine, Y reg means cheaper tax at £120 a year as well.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    excellent thanks for that

last question do these suffer from the injector seals? im told of person who said the pumps go on them they do and its a big job cams out etc