Thread: z20let apexi boost controller

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

z20let apexi boost controller

anybody have aapexi or any other electronicly controlled boost controller in there gsi? found one on ebay that looks sweet and want togive it a try as it would be handy for wet days etc,any help and pics would be great.it comes with a solenoid wich i guess replaces the standard oneon my vxr turbo that has 3 pipeson it. cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had an Apexi AVC-R and now have a HKS EVC VI...

They are great and easy to hook up, just follow the instructions....Leave the stock solinoid connected to the wiring loom or you'll get an EML error code, just unhook it from the turbo solinoid.

Also wiring in the RPM and speed sensor wires for the AVC-R so you an have gear dependent boost levels if you want them....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    I had an Apexi AVC-R and now have a HKS EVC VI...

They are great and easy to hook up, just follow the instructions....Leave the stock solinoid connected to the wiring loom or you'll get an EML error code, just unhook it from the turbo solinoid.

Also wiring in the RPM and speed sensor wires for the AVC-R so you an have gear dependent boost levels if you want them....
    any pictures mate? so keep the solenoid connected but dont use it,does the new one come with 3 solenoid bits too

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wich did you find better, thye apexi or hks? cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also do they both come with a 3 port solenoid or do i need a 2.if its 3 then doall apexi ones come with 3 or is there a 2 port model i should avoid.help would be great

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I changed to the HKS as it is meant to be a better unit, but they are basically the same thing. The HKS is a little harder to set up, looks better and has a few other features I like. The Apexi is a great controller. In hindsight I prob should have stuck with the Apexi, but hey..

All the solinoids are the same. You'll need to read the destructions to use the right ports on the solinoids. One port is for an external wastegate and one is for internal IIRC...The instructions explain it all.

Yes, keep the stock solinoid wired in but disconnected from the actuator. That way the ECU still thinks it is attached. and no error code...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mate,any pic of your set up

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately only the old one below as the car lives in Sydney, Australia and I spend 99% of my time in Hong Kong working...

But I have the oen below were you can see the BCS setup. I welded up a bracket and mounted the new BCS to the radiator support panel (so the lines were as short as possible) leaving the stock BCS in place...The stock BCS has the lines attached and blocked off. I've cleaned it up since this shot, but you get the idea....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers man,going to order one up

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so you only use two of the solenoids and block the 3rd one off?thats how it looks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast