Thread: gsi vxr turbo raising boost help needed

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gsi vxr turbo raising boost help needed

finaly got my new gsi,04 plate with vxr goodies,the car is spiking 14 psi and holding 9,it was set too 21 spike and 16 hold by previous owner and made 310 bhp on rollers.can i raise the boost back to this by simply winding the nut up a thread or too on the couteney actuator rod or is this a rough way.and if its ok will the ecu sort out the fueling etc its self so i wont have to go and get the map adjusted. any help would be great as im new to most of this lol cheers

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personally speaking I would never try guessing where to adjust the actuator to in order to correct boost issues... Unless you are 100% sure or know someone who is mechanically minded... I would take it to a tuner to be reset... They shouldn't have to mess with the remap to adjust the actuator.....
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmacc2008 View Post
    finaly got my new gsi,04 plate with vxr goodies,the car is spiking 14 psi and holding 9,it was set too 21 spike and 16 hold by previous owner and made 310 bhp on rollers.can i raise the boost back to this by simply winding the nut up a thread or too on the couteney actuator rod or is this a rough way.and if its ok will the ecu sort out the fueling etc its self so i wont have to go and get the map adjusted. any help would be great as im new to most of this lol cheers
    Im in the same sort of position and would like to know this also.
    I've just reset my actuator and boosting sort of low as above.
    Im sure i read that showing more rod on the actuator is up the boost so to speak?

So im gona have a mess with that an see how i get on but:

What gear should i be checking the boost levels? 4th gear?

Sry to jump in on your thread james but i thought as we both boost issue, my question would be a good one

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh an in reply to yours, spiking 14psi and holding 9psi now when the car previously made 310bhp is mighty low!
    If it was set to 21 spike and hold 16 psi thats a big difference, have you checked the car over?

Why do you think its the actuator? has it dropped boost while you have owned it?

I've just fitted a VXR actuator after coming from a courtney sport, and i zero'd (reset) the VXR actuator and my previous boost levels were 20-23psi overboost and hold 16-17psi now with VXR zero im overboosting 18psi and holding 14psi so not much difference if you see what i mean.
    Maybe also check your boost pipes, vac lines and so on for leaks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoki333 View Post
    Oh an in reply to yours, spiking 14psi and holding 9psi now when the car previously made 310bhp is mighty low!
    If it was set to 21 spike and hold 16 psi thats a big difference, have you checked the car over?

Why do you think its the actuator? has it dropped boost while you have owned it?

I've just fitted a VXR actuator after coming from a courtney sport, and i zero'd (reset) the VXR actuator and my previous boost levels were 20-23psi overboost and hold 16-17psi now with VXR zero im overboosting 18psi and holding 14psi so not much difference if you see what i mean.
    Maybe also check your boost pipes, vac lines and so on for leaks
    sorry forgot to say the reason he lowered the boost was because it didnt grip enough in the wet,but i want it back to how it was before i got it so was hopeing i could just tighten the actuator. cheers for advise

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry forgot to say the reason he lowered the boost was because it didnt grip enough in the wet,but i want it back to how it was before i got it so was hopeing i could just tighten the actuator. cheers for advise
    Well if i was you, i'd give him a call and see what was done to lower the boost, also have a look at your actuator an count how many threads are showing (depending on weather you have a standard VXR or uprated) actuator.
    If there are only a couple of threads on the rod (every car is different though) then maybe, but at your own risk, adjust the actuator to show more threads on the rod, which should up the boost slightly and see how you get on.
    Do abit at a time.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The actuator does not control boost pressure, the BCS does and thats controlled by the map.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    y dont you ring the bloke you got it off he should be able to tell you

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had to adjust my actuator to increase the boost due to the fact it was lower than it should be (this has worked for me in increasing the boost pressure). . this was due to a turbo change. . like said above if all other checks have been done (BCS working correctly and no vac leaks, dump valve not leaking etc) then a tweak on the actuator should help. . just make sure you have a boost gauge connected to monitor boost and dont go wild.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok thanks for help,what pressure should i run sencible,im running vxr turbo and actuator,vxr afm and injectors,and front mount cooler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast