Thread: HID help please

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HID help please

Hi, thinking of getting H.I.D's for my 53 plate gsi. Theres an offer on the other site i'm on and the guy has messaged me this...

I have just checked and for the astra you need H7R bulbs which are £70 as these are H7 bulbs that are needed for cars that use H7 bulbs in reflector lights not projector lights. So you need the anti glare verson H7R unless you have projector lights then they will be £65. Do you have a warning light on your dash to tell you if you have a light out on the car?

is this correct? do i have projector lights? my car is completely standard.

thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    more than likely its a reflector type but the easiest way to see if u have projector lights are to look at the headlamp (with the lights off) and if you can see the bulb for the light in question then no you just have reflector lamps. - projectors have concave glass infront of the bulb which gives you the beam pattern.

H7r is recommended for reflector type lights as it kind of stops the light coming out the top and sides of the headlamp and blinding other drivers (ive not had any problems with mine on the mk5)

and no idea on the warning light im afraid. As the mk4 wasnt canbus controlled the HID should only go out IF the bulb has blown - the ballast isnt power regulated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_vxl View Post
    Hi, thinking of getting H.I.D's for my 53 plate gsi. Theres an offer on the other site i'm on and the guy has messaged me this...

I have just checked and for the astra you need H7R bulbs which are £70 as these are H7 bulbs that are needed for cars that use H7 bulbs in reflector lights not projector lights. So you need the anti glare verson H7R unless you have projector lights then they will be £65. Do you have a warning light on your dash to tell you if you have a light out on the car?

is this correct? do i have projector lights? my car is completely standard.

thanks
    Yes their is a warning for bulb failure as standard but it is null and void with HID's ie doesn't work so if one doesn't work one day it wont pop up on the dash, No you don't have projector lights as standard but could of been added does the light have a globe looking ball in the headlight? You need HID's that don't bring on the warning light message on the trip display
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I'm selling my H7R HID's mate, my MOT garage has old boys in there and they failed me on them, i only want £30 for them