Thread: my project coupe

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my project coupe

Hello everyone im new on here but thought Iíd show my project astra. I havenít got pics of it before I put the alloys on or any pics of the callipers before they painted.

Here it is before the coilovers were added.

I cant believe it used to sit this high

then I ordered the coilovers as I wanted it lowering and the standard suspension was like a boat

then got to fitting them. I was going to get a garage to do them but seeing as I was bored one day and seeing as Iím actually a mechanic (but in the army) I did it myself.

anyway, after these were fitted I went to quick fit in telford to fine tune all the camber and everything. 80 quid with 3 adjustments and they did all the tracking and everything too.

Here it is as she stands now.

then came to fitting the FK grill I ordered with the coilies

I think it makes the front so much smoother

Then came the brake upgrades. I had heard good things about black diamond so ordered a front set as my discs needed replacing anyway, as I write this, the brakes were fitted 4 or 5 days ago and are still bedding and are already sharper than the standard brakes. Fantastic. Glad I ordered the black diamond pads too. A worth while combo. I want to get the goodridge brake lines next.

Anyway here is the fitting

here I am trying to show the wear on the standard disc

and here they are fitted. They do not keep the black coat when they are bedding in by the way. The turn silver like any other brake disc.

I have also got pics of me de-restricting the air box but most of you probably done that anyway.

Other mods are powerflow de-cat and catback exhaust system. The reason I went the decat route was because when I bought the car, after three days of having it had the check engine light come on and I found the cat was knackered so just got rid of it.

I have the K and N panel filter too.

I think thatís about it for now. I want the gsi front bumper too but want a genuine item so gonna save up and go the dealers for one. I would also like the black and blue interior of the astra coupe 888 but probably never find one.

I want uprated front roll bars, poly bushes, short shift kit, rear roll bar and once all the suspension and brakes have been upgraded, I will turbo or supercharge it..

If anyone has any advice then please let me know.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    will a gsi bumper fit a coupe?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this is the other car, it's faster than the astra (for now) i love it but the astra is my new love. thought i'd put the pics of this up cos someone wanted to see.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anybody got adjustable drop links for sale?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i thought i'd put some new pics of my coupe up now it has the GSI bumper on it. please forgive the darkness of the pictures as it was my last chance to get pictures before i flew back to germany. the original bumper is now for sale at £100 with fogs and washers.