Thread: astra gsi z20 let turbs problems:(

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra gsi z20 let turbs problems:(

hi i was wondering if any1 can help basically i have a really big problem it started as the air flow metre plug wires came out of the plug so i drove it to my dads (was only boosting 5psi instead of 12:S)to get them soldered back in we soldered them back in and the problems started, it wudnt start it wud turn over but not fire so we put new spark plugs in and it fired up, runing mint on idle the problems are as follows the accelerater now has to be pushed a lot more to rev and isnt very responsive the fans is constanly on wen it is running and the temp guage dosent work and the turbo dosent even boost up at all 0psi it drives smooth but no power so my dad plugged it in to the computer and the error codes are throttle position sensor, airflow metre, coolent temp sonsor and intake manifold air temp sensor but the was no errors befor we tryed to repair this please help im very stuclk lol chhers dean
    Black Astra Gsi "Turbo Technics Turbo, Front Mounted Intercooler, No Cats, Remap and K&N Air Filter"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    checked fuses etc

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fuses wouldn't effect the above as there's none inline.

Possibly shorted something. Best to change whats coming up faulty

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check the coolant temp sensor plug and change the sensor itself if the plug/wires look okay.also check the earth crimp under battery(search earth mod to find out more)
    The cooling fan will stay on and the temp gauge wont work if the CTS is faulty.
    are you getting any engine/electrical/cooling warning lights?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, the cooling fan does stay on constantly like you say, the car with the spanner shows on the dash, the tractuion control light will not turn off as well as the coolent/ac light wont turn off on the dash. Although when you disconnect the battery and then disconnect the airflow meter the pedal response and the boost sensor start to work and the spanner light goes out but obviously the car runs rough because theres no airflow meter attached, what do you guys think? thanks
    Black Astra Gsi "Turbo Technics Turbo, Front Mounted Intercooler, No Cats, Remap and K&N Air Filter"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1 of the wires popped out my AFM making it go into limp. I just cut the whole connector off, went to scrap yard routed round some vauxhalls cut that connector off and matched wires.

Prob afm wire arcing or something

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like the cars in limp mode.
    if the coolant temp sensor is unplugged/failed the coolant light will show plus the fan stays on constantly and temp gauge wont work.

if you get the spanner light as soon as the cars started there's a problem with the electrical system and the car will no doubt go in to limp mode causing the car not to boost or rev over 4-5k.
    check the earth crimp under the battery, one of the earths there are for the coolant temp sensor.

sounds like there's broken wires somewhere or a faulty sensor.

if the car is in limp mode then the engine will over fuel so that might be why your spark plugs died.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the reply, DaveTurbo everything your saying is true in the case of my car, the earths are ok, and ive got a new temperature sensor, "the one that goes into the thermostate housing" is this the right one? Also if there is a broken wire anywhere have you any ideas where there most likely to be? thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if its ok with the maf unplugged id say thres a wire wrong and when you plug it in it might be shortng an earth down the wrong wire,re check and check again for a 'hair'of solder or a wire round wrong way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narbar_123 View Post
    thanks for the reply, DaveTurbo everything your saying is true in the case of my car, the earths are ok, and ive got a new temperature sensor, "the one that goes into the thermostate housing" is this the right one? Also if there is a broken wire anywhere have you any ideas where there most likely to be? thanks
    Right on the plug its self, wiggle it ... End wire came out on mine, blue 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast