Thread: Knocking @ Head

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Knocking @ Head

this week my cams snapped on me so i replaced them and found out a valve had gone... so me and a firend got the head off changed valve and put head back on!!... all went well til after 40miles or so of driving,... oil light came on then got a horrable knocking noise!!... so we changed oil filter and the oil light went off... all good... but the noise was still there.... so we took the caps off the cams to see that there wasnt any oil under where the caps sit so its scratched all the holders where the cams sit and scratched the caps to... so i believe this is causing the knocking noise... but after all this work and money i have spent... i rly cant afford any more atm... so my question is... is there a way i can sort this easy (not buy a new head etc) or do i see about getting an engine converstion done cause its only a 1.4 twinport engine.. this has possably bee nthe worst week of my life lol!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mates that sucks, really feel for you. hope you ca get it sorted.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to top it off just been out in it and now oil light is coming on when car goes under 1k revs

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do mechanics at the garages charge to have a quick look over? cause looks like im heading that way