Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice on my car for sale - is it a scam???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Advice on my car for sale - is it a scam???

The car has been on autotrader just one day and i recieved an email showing interest, i answered the relevant questions about the car (FSH, MOT expires when etc, condition of car) then have been sent this email back.

Im a little uneasy with what the email says, it seems a little to instructional, maybe to direct to be a serious offer and i am wondering what you lot think. Is it a scam? Personally i can't see how i could get conned from it but as i said something isnt right in my eyes for someone to want to send a cheque for a car they've not seen.

heres the email...

Good Afternoon,
    Thanks for your quick response and am also excited to hear from you that the vehicle is still available for sale.
    And thanks for the information you just gave about the vehicle and am quite delighted to hear from you that the vehicle is still in great conditions.
    The reason why am purchasing this vehicle is because My self and my husband just need one additional vehicle.

Please i want you to email me more pictures aside from the one on web advert page if is still available both the exterior and interior.
    Due to my condition i will not be able to view the vehicle at present because i'm heavily pregnant with set of twins,and the distance as well.
    My personal circumstances do not allow me to travel,like wise my husband is away on a business trip.
    According to the Features of the vehicle and the Full Description of the vehicle which i saw on the advert page i'm fully satisfied.

I want you to accept my offer of £5,700 inclusive the advert fees just because I know what the worth of the vehicle ,and also for you to reserve the vehicle for me.
    The only way you will release the vehicle to any one is when the cash is in your hand, i.e. payments cleared at bank, and withdrawn.
    I am located in Wales.
    I will only required your full name and your postal address, so that the bankers draught could be posted to you via royal mail.
    My preffered method of payment is by bankers draft /Cheque in a (GBP) which may take 3 to 5 working days to Clear.
    Please note that you will only release the vehicle until you have received confirmation from your bank that the payment has been given value and cleared.

I hope to hear from you today in order to proceed further with the payment and shipping arrangements as soon as possible.
    I look forward to hear back from you today.
    Cheers
    Mrs Maxwell

You Thoughts?? before i take things any further.

WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Something dont seem right, or is it just me being paranoid!
    Honda Civic Type R

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds a bit of a dodgey one but i might be wrong though?? Anyone else
    Astra 1.8 16v Sport
    Needed : Front Splitter PM if you've got one spare

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    total scam mate,it reads like somebody is using a dictionary to write english,and why arrange for shipping to wales,not sure what they will do with the info you might give them,name and address iam thinking they want to clone your id to get a loan,give it a wide birth and safe yourself loads hassle.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Cheque Scam
    You would have been sent a cheque to cash which will be fake (made up on a PC and printer and having no funds behind it). An excuse would be given about getting a refund, such as 'accidentally' paying too much to you. It takes an age for a bank to suss that a cheque is fraudulent so it looks to the recipient as if the balance is there. The scammer will persuade the victim to mail back the 'overpayment' by Western Union or a similar payment system (because they can pick up the funds across borders without the scammer being traceable)
    Honda Civic Type R

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    deffo a scam pal avoid like the plague cant beleve there still trying this one lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got done with selling my old car on the internet, how much is the car listed for? Is it anywhere near the £5700 they have offered?

If you accept and the bankers draft comes and its foreign then stop immediately.

If they are offering more money than the car is worth to cover shipping say no, all they will want you to do is send a lot of money to someone else, then you'll find the bankers draft is forged and YOU will be liable for the full amount of the draft when it comes back. Thats exactly what happened to me. Though if the person you speak to at the bank has even 2 brain cells they won't let you pay it in, unlike when I went in with mine.
    MK5 Design 1.9 CDTi 150 Sporthatch
    My Garage

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I read the first paragraph and knew it was a scam. Seriously who uses sentences like:

And thanks for the information you just gave about the vehicle and am quite delighted to hear from you that the vehicle is still in great conditions.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the advice guys! Really appreciated!! Ive had stuff like this before with my last car but never quite like this one. It lost me when she said pregnant with 2 twins and wanting an astra turbo with no boot lol Also the Wales bit and shipping. I have sent an email saying if you would like to take it further i would only sell upon viewing and i will only continue contact through phone call not the net.

Btw its up for £5800
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT!

Not sure if I made myself clear? ok then, once more....

SCAM ALERT!
    1.9 cdti (120) black ASH
    Wanted: Black VXR Grille!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast