Thread: cloth seat cleaning

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cloth seat cleaning

Hi, I looked at the seats the otherday while hoovering and never noticed before but they really could do with a good clean. there are patchy and sort of stained i spose....i understand that its best to use a wet vac/carpet cleaner on them but was looking for a bit of advise on what one to get,,,,,dont want to spend too much...iv seen em for £20-30 but want to know if they will do the job...

Any help would be great

Thanks James

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had similar 'stains' on my seats and being reluctant to use a wet vac type of cleaner i got a bucket of warm water and put a capfull of Ace stain remover- the stuff you use on clothes and with a mf cloth dampened with the soapy water, wiped the seats down. don't soak them, all you want to do is lift the stains. the same damp cloth method worked wonders on my head lining too. remember to give the seats a good vac beforehand and a quick vac after. this method also takes very little time to dry out which is a bonus
    WHAT? AH! NO, I LOST IT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a spray cleaner such as groom is good. i have used it but it does not smell to nice. very chemical smell but wears off in a few days but does smell clean and removes lots of dirt and grime on seats and plastics.

as for wet vacs, you want one wiht a good suction to remove as much fluid as poss from the seats to prevent mould growth caused bt dampness. i use a bissel steam cleaner (expensive but very good). A vax will be good enough just make sure you allow it to dry fully and quickly. once done leave windows/doors/boot open for a few hours to help drying time. a dehumidfier works well to aid the drying.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing