Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Engine conversions

Hi people,

Right been doing a bit of thinking regarding more power! I'm currently toying with the idea of a 2 litre engine for my car. Fitting a turbo sounds like too much hassle with looms etc. I have a few questions.

Would a 2 litre ecotec engine fit straight into my car? Its a 1.8 SXi 2000. Its has the X18XE1 engine? Or am i going to need more stuff?

How easy would it be to get 150bhp from it?

I will also be upgrading the brakes. Any other information and help would be great!

Thanks in advance

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No use to you, but im curious, currently have a 1.6 SXI ecotec.... looking for more power also......... come on guys help us out.......

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Same info applies as per the sticky in this section Can't help much more beyond that given I wrote it!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hoping that the catback exhaust will help and make a difference to my current engine. Just need to get a panel filter in there to and get the centre section. May even get a remap if i keep with the current engine

2litre is something that crossed my mind yesterday. If its a straight swap then it could be on my list of things to do! Hopefully everyting would just plug in? If its too much hassle then i will scrap the idea! Thought it may be easier to tune that engine and see better results then my current one!

Not 100% sure yet. Just trying to find out more.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can fit any of the astra engines as long as you wanna play about wiv wiring, coding and ecus..

a friend of mine put a z20let in a 1400 a little while ago.. was very quick but he had to get vauxhall to program the ecu and key, not sure if he got the key from the car the engine come from.. but anything can be done

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=MikeMant;1947633]I'm hoping that the catback exhaust will help and make a difference to my current engine. Just need to get a panel filter in there to and get the centre section. May even get a remap if i keep with the current engine

2litre is something that crossed my mind yesterday. If its a straight swap then it could be on my list of things to do! Hopefully everything would just plug in? If its too much hassle then i will scrap the idea! Thought it may be easier to tune that engine and see better results then my current one!

i was thinking the same thing 2 years ago , i have the same 18xe1 , but decided to tune the one i have and after spending 1900 quid at regal i got the car back with 152 bhp to play with , as the box is a short gear ratio works very well for a n/a engine economy and power
    x18xe1 152bhp-136lbft

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the 2 litre doesn't plug straight it then i won't bother! Too much hassle!

Maybe i will look into tuning mine a bit? 130 for now would do?