Thread: Urgent help!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Urgent help!!!

Hey people in desperate need of some help and fast!

My friend swapped my wheels over about 3 weeks ago and i need to change my rear brake pads because they are so close to metal to metal, he says he has put the locking but back into the box it came out of but i cant see it anywhere in my car!!!

Whats the best way to go about getting them off, i have the box they came in but not the card with the code on i have rang two local dealers and both have said they need to br drilled and i will be charged however long it takes them labour wise.

Now i work in the motor trade and at my work we have a removal kit for people who have lost there nuts, but my locking wheel bolts have that outer spinning part which means if i get them to lock on its only going to spin the outer part.

Any info would be great!!

Thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its hard to find a replacement key if you don't have the code card.

Are you able to some how remove the spinning part or smash it off?
    Maybe you could use a strong adhesive to stop it spinning (thread glue for example) then try the removal kit.

Alternatively you may need to bite the bullet and get them drilled.
    Your car cannot handle a driver of this magnitude!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are they Vauxhall locking wheel nuts?
    Don't fancy your chances if they are, they are well designed so people can't get them off!

I have managed to get other brands off with a socket and a hammer, although I have broken standard chrome vanadium ones, so an impact socket is best.
    2006 Astra 1.9CDTi SRi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if they are vxl nuts the dealer will have a set of master keys and remove them,i had this happen on my mk5 and the dealer removed all the locking bolts and refitted the old normal bolt to my wheels for free there and then,and i had never set foot in the dealers before,if they say they cant, go to parts department and ask them to look up the cost and part no of new locking nuts,then ask the question if i buy them how will i get the old ones of,bet the parts man says workshop can remove them,then invite him to speak to workshop on your behalf.