Thread: Stripping down Mk3 1600 16v engine

AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    0 Post(s)

Stripping down Mk3 1600 16v engine

Hi All

I have just stripped down my MK3 Astra 1600 16v to take the head off how many torx bolts and pipes are vauxhall having a laugh at our expense. Now taking out all 16 valves 2 down 14 to go. Got to replace the stem seals is the main reason for all this. Well when I say I have stripped it I should say my brother has as he is the one whose good at that sort of thing. I just pay for everything and keep the coffee coming.

The other thing is about the GSi now as it is a 3 door I am guessing the back seat of the GSi will not fit a 5 door . Also the body kit will any of that fit a 5 door . The rear bumper is the part want to fit as it is a full colour coded one unlike my half code one. Thanks guys.

AOC Premium Member
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    East Anglia
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    rear bumper will fit straight on, as will the front bumper. the skirts will too but you will need to cut and modify them as the parts that go onto the doors will be different (i.e. because there are more doors). as for the seat, well that'll fit fine too.

forget the number of head bolts etc in the X16XEL in the mk3.. it's a cracking engine and is asking for a turbo or TB's

this should be in the mk3 tech area, not the regional forum too
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.