Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seat swap airbag light on

Hi,

I have just swapped seats my old seats had side airbags and my current leather has none, and now I get an airbag warning light on, anyway to turn this off or stop it coming on if I reset the light, did a search but could not really find anything helpful.

Thanks.
    Mk 4 Linea Rossa Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    You will need the airbag ecu reprogrammed with "Tech2" to remove the side airbags & reset the warning light.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i took my car to the smallest garage around yesterday, the bigger places couldnt do it but this place could... worth checking if they will do it, might have to chuck them a drink though
    My Auto-Bio - HERE

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies
    Mk 4 Linea Rossa Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could try disconnecting the door sensors. I fitted a set of seats with side airbags but didn't have the door sensors. When I wired in the side bags underneath the seat it tripped the warning light. I'm imagining you have the same problem but in reverse, your door sensor is looking for the seat bag and can't find it. Once I disconnected the wiring under the seat the light went off, same may work for you by disconnecting the door sensors.

I now have a set of door sensors to fit, hopefully this will allow me to rewire the bags back in, just can't be bothered to remove the door cards to fit the sensors at present.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.