Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help with someone in the same boat as me gsi!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

need help with someone in the same boat as me gsi!

have an astra gsi
    no claims/convictions
    no no claims bonus
    20years old
    how much you been quoted?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How many years you been driving?

I got my gsi at 20,1 ncb,1 accident,and 2 1/2years driving. This was around £1300 but was a mess up by insurance co othrwise would have been over 2k.
    Hey Dick,whats in for the Big Brain Quiz tonight? Certainly Gents, thats 200 quid. WHAT! each! DOUBLE WHAT! Thats abit steep isnt it...? steep...its f-ing verticle!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your looking at £2k at least unless you find some mistake somewhere... sorry to be the bearer of bad news lol

The cheapest will be admiral/elephant/bell (all same company but come out with different quotes) or adrian flux, speak to a bloke on here called dan@flux or something, youl find him in another insurance thread. He sorted out my insurance on my turbo, im 20 too but i have 3NCB and its £2k now.
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Drives a 53 plate Arden Blue Zafira A Gsi 2ltr turbo...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    AF wouldn't touch me on my gsi when I first got it. I hope they will in a months time.
    As said above those companys will be best to go with,they will insure alot of people on 'fast' cars where as the larger companys won't.
    I don't think it's going to be cheap tho
    Hey Dick,whats in for the Big Brain Quiz tonight? Certainly Gents, thats 200 quid. WHAT! each! DOUBLE WHAT! Thats abit steep isnt it...? steep...its f-ing verticle!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am 21, driving 4yrs, 2yrs NCB. Have 3points and 2claims (1 fault, 1 non fault).

Insurance companies love my history anyway as it started off bad ( from when i was 14 :-O ).

I Drive a 2003 Astra Gsi Turbo, insured with Bell.co.uk (Admiral) and im paying £921 fully comp. not a bad price i dont think! The trick is to add your dad or mum on the policy, dropped mine by about £120 or so.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    probally the closest to you lol 18 and did a quote on a gsi with 1 years no claims and it cam eback £2300! did it with my dad as policy holder and went to £290fc haha lol have you looked at the sri turbo apparently it cheaper on insurance! ????
    ONLY DRIVE AS FAST AS YOUR ANGELS CAN FLY

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am the main policy holder, my dad is a named driver. Still drops it by a considerable amount. i think the main bit about having a GSi is the GSi part, recaro's, bumpers etc.. It is for me anyhows lol!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    alot of comapnies wont touch a driver under 21 with nncb on a car over grp 12 found that out a few years ago others will but you pay for it,

warning about putting your dad/mum as the policy holder and you second driver there is a massive thing at the moment about this as its called fronting and illegal even though you put the v5 in there name its illegal and the inruers will not cover you if they catch you a lad at works son crashed his mums car (really is heres hes at uni 6months a year and just borrows it as and when he needs to if he is home) the insurers are now intervieing him and his dad etc to make sure this is the case before they payout.
    Heading back to the world of AOC

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my policy is in my name and car registered to me! was just stating it cheaper with dad as policy holder by a huge amount!!lol i will put my dad as named driver when i get my astra turbo soon!! but car and insurance will be in my name! still takes off £1100 just as named driver!! il let him drive it once lol
    ONLY DRIVE AS FAST AS YOUR ANGELS CAN FLY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast