Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: SM Photography

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Saqib's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    SM Photography

    With the advent of my SLR, I'm really getting into this photography malark. I'm not great at it at all lol, but hopefully from taking more and more pictures I can slowly get better. IT's a nice hobby to have anyway.

    So I decided it would be good to have one place where I can put all my photos that I can take and can give people the link to it if I want them to see certain photos. Sort of like a photo sharing blog.

    Hence I've set up: www.smphotography.net

    Here's a sample of what you can find there (I know I know I got the URL wrong in the copyright!):

    (Also, if anyone has or can provide any tips on what I'm doing wrong or what I can do better, feel free to share your advice!!)




























  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    ronnie_dodds's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    599
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    PIctures looks gr8!
    Id like to do somethin like this as well.
    Ps. Is that ur house?
    WANTED: some mods to make my car special until i fall in love with sumthin else

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Saqib's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie_dodds View Post
    PIctures looks gr8!
    Id like to do somethin like this as well.
    Ps. Is that ur house?
    Thanks mate.

    No not my house!! Its my neighbours. He had an extension done recently and redocrated the entire ground floor. It was fresh and unmolested so perfect for some interior shots!

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    ronnie_dodds's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    599
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks very cool.
    WANTED: some mods to make my car special until i fall in love with sumthin else

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Toms1989's Avatar
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,356
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You look like you are on the right track with your equipment like!

    Have you got any photo editting software? I mean proper ones like Adobe photoshop, CS3 etc? They can really transform your pictures! adjusting curves and RGB content

    Here is two examples of mine, simply by altering RGB content and curves

    Unedited



    Edited

    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    munkie's Avatar
    AstraSport Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,922
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    some nice shots there mate.

    If you wanna try sell some, I use http://www.photo4me.com/index.asp

    look up SKD thats me. I have sold one so far

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    tone's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kettering
    Posts
    5,430
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    think dave would be a good one to ask for advice
    G t c

    soon!

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    buckle's Avatar
    /
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,921
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Some nice photos there, like the interior shots. One thing to try if you haven't already is some HDR pictures for the interior ones. Then all the picture will look clear, rather than some parts like the door area looking over exposed.

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    davemk4coupe's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    391
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah you should definitely try HDR because you have blown out highlights in some of your photos. - For example the windows and the walls in the first one.
    You also have visible banding on the wall on the right in the first one - that might be a result of processing.
    Some could be a bit sharper too.

    Generally though, a very good start and I really like the kiddy portraits they are good.

    Hope you don't mind the critisism. Photography is a very popular area which requires a lot of practice and learning. In addition there is always some b#gger around with a more expensive/sharper camera/lens lol

    Like you it is just a hobby for me at the moment
    2006 Astra 1.9CDTi SRi

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    Saqib's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toms1989 View Post
    You look like you are on the right track with your equipment like!

    Have you got any photo editting software? I mean proper ones like Adobe photoshop, CS3 etc? They can really transform your pictures! adjusting curves and RGB content

    Here is two examples of mine, simply by altering RGB content and curves

    Unedited

    Edited
    Thanks mate. Yeah all of those have been post processed, am using CS3 and lightroom 2.4 at the moment!

    Quote Originally Posted by munkie View Post
    some nice shots there mate.

    If you wanna try sell some, I use http://www.photo4me.com/index.asp

    look up SKD thats me. I have sold one so far
    Congrats on the sale! Looks like an intresting website! Maybe once I've got a little more experience!

    Quote Originally Posted by davemk4coupe View Post
    Yeah you should definitely try HDR because you have blown out highlights in some of your photos. - For example the windows and the walls in the first one.
    You also have visible banding on the wall on the right in the first one - that might be a result of processing.
    Some could be a bit sharper too.

    Generally though, a very good start and I really like the kiddy portraits they are good.

    Hope you don't mind the critisism. Photography is a very popular area which requires a lot of practice and learning. In addition there is always some b#gger around with a more expensive/sharper camera/lens lol

    Like you it is just a hobby for me at the moment
    HDR seems interesting, never tried it before! Might find a tutorial and give it go.

    I don't mind the criticism at all! Thats why I posted up, its my first attempt and I only want to get better! Posted up on a photography forum too won't believe the amount of criticising comments I got back lol but hey thats what learning is all about!

    Photography is an awesome hobby as you can literally do it whenever wherever you want, but as it is just a hobbiy I couldn't justify spending some of the amounts required to get the more expensive cameras and lenses!

    The blur on some of the images comes from using my sigma 10-20mm lens without a tripod as it doesn't have image stabilisation!

    Thanks for the comments everyone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FAO anybody who knows about photography
    By Joe1976 in forum Chit Chat and a Warm Welcome!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30-08-2010, 12:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •