Thread: is it a collins or not?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

is it a collins or not?

just recently bought a dump valve from ebay which was suppost to be a collins but there are no markings or name on it, its a polished 1 which exactly the same style as the new collins ones on ebay from matt lewis also has the same screw on top and all holes are the same. is there any way i can tell 100%???????

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mines a collins an has nothing on it,put it on an u know if its a collins wen it duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had a baileys on and it was like a quiet fart, then heard what everyone was saying about collins so got a second hand 1 from ebay and its a bit louder but not much. i know there no leaks or nothing as it runs sweet and have a boost guage and its boosting ok too. its plumbed in at the fuel preasure reg with standard 1 running too so i know its not going to be super loud but ive heard youtube vids with collins plumbed in like mine and its way louder so that why i was thinking mabe its not a collins

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    My Baileys is pretty loud to be fair, im curious now to what the collins would sound like!!!
    Honda Civic Type R

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trenchy View Post
    My Baileys is pretty loud to be fair, im curious now to what the collins would sound like!!!
    yea baileys are loud but collins are abit louder, depends what boost yur running through it too, i would have thought.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im on a standard setup just with stainless exhaust and solid boost pipe, boosts to 10-11psi and holds 9psi. which seems to be the standard amount. i could start playing around with 1 way valves ect but would prefere to keep it as standard as possible with no probs.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My collins DV

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astra_dave View Post
    My collins DV

it looks 100% the same so im going to guess it is, thought it would be a bit louder than what it is but it all works well with no probs (touch wood). i also read a while ago about taking them apart to regrease them does it make much difference?

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I have bought things from MattLewis ebay store, as have several other people I know. They always seem good value and reliable. Got my collins from there and it is LOUD.

It just depends on your setup.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madgezza View Post
    i had a baileys on and it was like a quiet fart, then heard what everyone was saying about collins so got a second hand 1 from ebay and its a bit louder but not much. i know there no leaks or nothing as it runs sweet and have a boost guage and its boosting ok too. its plumbed in at the fuel preasure reg with standard 1 running too so i know its not going to be super loud but ive heard youtube vids with collins plumbed in like mine and its way louder so that why i was thinking mabe its not a collins
    If you have a second hand Collins, the inner spring could be worn which means whilst dumping, you are getting a supressed sound... In no sense shape or form is a Collins Dump Valve quiet!!

Quote Originally Posted by npd View Post
    I have bought things from MattLewis ebay store, as have several other people I know. They always seem good value and reliable. Got my collins from there and it is LOUD.

It just depends on your setup.
    I don't think the set up comes into it that much when referring to a loud dump.... I was running my Collins on a Standard set up and it was Bloody Loud.... Some people would say you need to be running high boost to get a meaty dump sound.... from my personal experience my Collins was loud when on a standard map, and sounds the same now my car is remapped....
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast