Thread: Exams :(

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exams :(

Got my finance resit at uni tomorrow, now I can do finance fine. Manage to fly through it infact, its simple when its written down!

I have to remember 30+ formula's for this stupid exam! Is that even possible? I have such a bad memory I can't even remember the formula for working out percentages and I use it every other day for work!

I want to cry! lol Been working on this for weeks and still can't remember even the simple ones!

Someone fancy doing the exam for me?

That's my mini rant over about how useless I am

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    youll be fine just study and be confident
    ONLY DRIVE AS FAST AS YOUR ANGELS CAN FLY

Status
    Top Gear Guy
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Man up wet pants, or remember the formula in a logical way, perhaps take pens and pencils in bundled...with the amount of pens relating to the amount of parts to the formula? worked for me!
    Now an Audi A3 Driver!
    Quote Originally Posted by ledster
    some say he should have driven faster,some say he has the memory of a gold fish,all we know is he was 10 minutes late...

Status
    The Invisible Woman
    Drives
    Zafira
    Mentioned in
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    try not to stress about it, easier said than done I know.

I am sure it'll be fine, good luck
    Why not sign up and join us.
    Become a member today

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is a basic flaw in the exam system - it is simply a test of memory. The real trick is being able to apply the knowledge to a real life situation.

I've seen plenty of 'educated' people who couldn't think their way out of a soggy paper bag.

What about these people who do degrees in bizarre subjects - what a waste of time.
    It is only when the last tree is felled, the last animal killed and the last fish hauled from the sea that we will realise we can't eat money.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clanless View Post
    There is a basic flaw in the exam system - it is simply a test of memory. The real trick is being able to apply the knowledge to a real life situation.

I've seen plenty of 'educated' people who couldn't think their way out of a soggy paper bag.

What about these people who do degrees in bizarre subjects - what a waste of time.
    I agree with this, I find the coursework that they set much more challenging as you not only have to apply everything, you need to actually understand it.
    But then again it has its downsides too.

Either way, think I may have just scraped a pass in this exam, but couldn't remember the formula's, knew which ones I needed just couldn't remember the actual formula

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good luck and try not to worry cos what will be will be and its amazing what you remember when you dont try to hard, just recall all the times someones name is on the tip of your tounge but cant remember it then bingo 5 mins later when your not thinking of it it comes to you ,same in exams, read all the questions do what you know then come back to the hard ones and more of them will make sense,repeat this over and over till you have answered every question in what ever order they come to you and dont panic think of it as a mock exam.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to hear it went well.

In the real world you would be able to refer to the formulae.

NVQ qualifications show that you can do the job - written exams show that you can regurgitate facts.

Academics need to go out into the work place and see what really happens.
    It is only when the last tree is felled, the last animal killed and the last fish hauled from the sea that we will realise we can't eat money.