Thread: Help With Eratic Tick Over

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help With Eratic Tick Over

I Am Now The Proud Owner Of 1.8 16v Sport Mk4... Few Slight Problems ...one Iam Not To Sure About...any Replys Would Be Grateful..... Car Is Ok Maybe 5 To 8 Min Stop At Junction And She Stalls Starts No Prob But Why She Stalls Is It A Prob With Idle Valve ???? She Dose Seem Abit Erratic When Ideling ???? I Have Had Many Vauxhalls In My Time But Never Experienced Anything Like This..... Please Help....et17

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It could be a faulty idle control valve but on this car it is built into the throttle body and can not be changed separately, so i would suggest cleaning the throttle body and EGR valve and see how that helps, hopefully that should sort it for you, also give the car a full service if it hasn't had one in a while.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This sounds exactly like my friends car, same model and everything. I assume it is a x18xe1 engine? I replaced the EGR valve and the throttle body on his car the other week, and it hasn't cured the problem atall.

I spoke to someone at LMF when ordering the parts, and he mentioned that it could be an ECU fault, as it is pretty common on these engines.

HTH
    Astra GSi 03 in Arden Blue

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    ive got the same car and had the same problem, my throttle body was clogged up to the nines!! give it a clean and blank off the egr, if that fails do the paperclip test as it could be the maf sensor
    MK5 1.7 CDTI OWNER AND AN ESTABLISHED MEMBER OF THE DARK SIDE!