Thread: Do I have Heated Seats? (with pictures)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do I have Heated Seats? (with pictures)

I've search the forum and I have seen the other threads on this subject, but there wasn't one picture in those threads. I'm confused.

My seats are from an Opel Astra G Caravan, a Sport Edition. So I don't know if that cars had heated seats or not. My car is a Opel Astra G Caravan 2001, Motorina, Y20DTH, 101 CP. These are my seats:

From what I read in the other threads green/gray cable is for heated seats and yellow and red for airbag and seat belts. Under my passenger seat (easier access to photograph) I have a gray cable with a green head plugged into the black box as you can see in the pictures. I have tried a lot of angels so we can get a better view. Sorry about the blurry images. Hope it helps.

I also read about the cables (green and black heads) that can be found above the gear nob, or under the ashtray.

So, I'm asking the question "Do I have heated seats?" in regard to the pictures below.

Thanks!

P.S. Also, what with the yellow head that is not connected?

P.S. Hope this will be helpful to others if someone can tell me for sure if the seats are or aren't heated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No you haven't. If you had the heated seat elements you'd have the centre 2 of the 4 in the large black connector filled as well. looking at the pics it also appears that your car isn't fully wired if you did fit seats with the elements in. Whilst you have the required connectors behind the TC panel you appear to be missing them at the seat connector. If you had the required wiring at least one side of the black connector would have the middle 2 slots full, if you pull the red tag out of the connector and slide the connector along the running bar, there's a lever to press to release it, you can then split the connector and check to see if the car loom side has all the metal tags in place, if it has the metal tags in the middle 2 slots you may be ok if you fit heated seats in future.

The yellow connector is a side airbag connector, why you'd have 2 is a little baffling as you can see the bag connected on the black box.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.