Thread: z20ler flywheel and clutch

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

z20ler flywheel and clutch

Ok guys got a z20ler and 6 speed m32 box, been told the duel mass flywheels are not good with the amount of power i want to run 250-300bhp, my question is what fly wheel can i fit eg std z20let or billet and what clutch would i use

cheers lads
    Astra van gt3076

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleon View Post
    Ok guys got a z20ler and 6 speed m32 box, been told the duel mass flywheels are not good with the amount of power i want to run 250-300bhp, my question is what fly wheel can i fit eg std z20let or billet and what clutch would i use

cheers lads
    Nop Dual Mass only i'm afraid

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can get a lightened flywheel and clutch combo but it's quite expensive. £250ish for the flywheel and £160ish for a sprung friction plate.
    no comment

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zafgsi View Post
    You can get a lightened flywheel and clutch combo but it's quite expensive. £250ish for the flywheel and £160ish for a sprung friction plate.
    What for a dual mass gear box???????? Been told that's a no no due to the fact that it acts as a vibration canceler for the crank shaft, no canceler and the engine go bye bye

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The engine has balancer shafts in it why would it go bye bye surley some people who have vxr engines run a different fly wheel and clutch
    Astra van gt3076

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The engine has balancer shafts in it why would it go bye bye surley some people who have vxr engines run a different fly wheel and clutch

What people??? doesn't matter about the balancer shafts,the dual mass is designed to absorb more vibration,not having one and you'll feel it through the car also you think a car with a lighted flywheel and a performance sounds loud that won't be a patch on yours but it's your car your money this is just advice

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma ??? View Post
    What for a dual mass gear box???????? Been told that's a no no due to the fact that it acts as a vibration canceler for the crank shaft, no canceler and the engine go bye bye
    yes the dual mass flywheel is designed to absorb the vibration and the friction plate that the dual mass uses has no springs. thats why you MUST fit a sprung friction plate if you fit a lightweight flywheel to the m32. the springs on the friction plate is all that has been absorbing the vibration for years before dual mass flywheels were fitted
    no comment

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zafgsi View Post
    yes the dual mass flywheel is designed to absorb the vibration and the friction plate that the dual mass uses has no springs. thats why you MUST fit a sprung friction plate if you fit a lightweight flywheel to the m32. the springs on the friction plate is all that has been absorbing the vibration for years before dual mass flywheels were fitted
    Most clutch's have springs in built into the clutch plate, OE has to?
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thanks zaf gsi I will ring some tuners and i need to know the truth, surley you can run a normal flywheel with a differnet clutch i have seen loads of astra vxr engines for sale with billet flywheel and paddle clutch so some one must do it

Enigma where do you get your info from if you dont mind me asking ( duel mass only)
    Astra van gt3076

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks zaf gsi I will ring some tuners and i need to know the truth, surley you can run a normal flywheel with a differnet clutch i have seen loads of astra vxr engines for sale with billet flywheel and paddle clutch so some one must do it

Enigma where do you get your info from if you dont mind me asking ( duel mass only)
    Well i thought about 6 speed on mine and from a tuner Regal! they where working on something to make it work but had nothing, your money not mine
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast