Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: z20ler flywheel and clutch

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    cleon's Avatar
    AOC Premium Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    z20ler flywheel and clutch

    Ok guys got a z20ler and 6 speed m32 box, been told the duel mass flywheels are not good with the amount of power i want to run 250-300bhp, my question is what fly wheel can i fit eg std z20let or billet and what clutch would i use

    cheers lads
    Astra van gt3076

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Enigma ???'s Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleon View Post
    Ok guys got a z20ler and 6 speed m32 box, been told the duel mass flywheels are not good with the amount of power i want to run 250-300bhp, my question is what fly wheel can i fit eg std z20let or billet and what clutch would i use

    cheers lads
    Nop Dual Mass only i'm afraid

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    zafgsi's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can get a lightened flywheel and clutch combo but it's quite expensive. £250ish for the flywheel and £160ish for a sprung friction plate.
    no comment

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Enigma ???'s Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zafgsi View Post
    You can get a lightened flywheel and clutch combo but it's quite expensive. £250ish for the flywheel and £160ish for a sprung friction plate.
    What for a dual mass gear box???????? Been told that's a no no due to the fact that it acts as a vibration canceler for the crank shaft, no canceler and the engine go bye bye

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    cleon's Avatar
    AOC Premium Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The engine has balancer shafts in it why would it go bye bye surley some people who have vxr engines run a different fly wheel and clutch
    Astra van gt3076

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Enigma ???'s Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleon View Post
    The engine has balancer shafts in it why would it go bye bye surley some people who have vxr engines run a different fly wheel and clutch

    What people??? doesn't matter about the balancer shafts,the dual mass is designed to absorb more vibration,not having one and you'll feel it through the car also you think a car with a lighted flywheel and a performance sounds loud that won't be a patch on yours but it's your car your money this is just advice

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    zafgsi's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma ??? View Post
    What for a dual mass gear box???????? Been told that's a no no due to the fact that it acts as a vibration canceler for the crank shaft, no canceler and the engine go bye bye
    yes the dual mass flywheel is designed to absorb the vibration and the friction plate that the dual mass uses has no springs. thats why you MUST fit a sprung friction plate if you fit a lightweight flywheel to the m32. the springs on the friction plate is all that has been absorbing the vibration for years before dual mass flywheels were fitted
    no comment

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    Enigma ???'s Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zafgsi View Post
    yes the dual mass flywheel is designed to absorb the vibration and the friction plate that the dual mass uses has no springs. thats why you MUST fit a sprung friction plate if you fit a lightweight flywheel to the m32. the springs on the friction plate is all that has been absorbing the vibration for years before dual mass flywheels were fitted
    Most clutch's have springs in built into the clutch plate, OE has to?
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    cleon's Avatar
    AOC Premium Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thanks zaf gsi I will ring some tuners and i need to know the truth, surley you can run a normal flywheel with a differnet clutch i have seen loads of astra vxr engines for sale with billet flywheel and paddle clutch so some one must do it

    Enigma where do you get your info from if you dont mind me asking ( duel mass only)
    Astra van gt3076

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    Enigma ???'s Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleon View Post
    thanks zaf gsi I will ring some tuners and i need to know the truth, surley you can run a normal flywheel with a differnet clutch i have seen loads of astra vxr engines for sale with billet flywheel and paddle clutch so some one must do it

    Enigma where do you get your info from if you dont mind me asking ( duel mass only)
    Well i thought about 6 speed on mine and from a tuner Regal! they where working on something to make it work but had nothing, your money not mine
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Z20ler clutch help
    By junwin70 in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-12-2011, 20:40
  2. clutch problem (z20ler engine with z20leh clutch)
    By mateivn in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-09-2011, 14:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •