Thread: Headlight's sending me round the bend!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Headlight's sending me round the bend!

Right the drivers side headlight on my se2 1.8 coop is driving me mad firstly it wouldnt adjust up and down (motor's broken) and the thread on the rear of the light is cross threaded so dosent stay in properly anyway and the sidelight bulb is dead dim and has blown twice in a month plus dipped and main beam are blindingly bright and dazzle other drivers whats going on!!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need a new headlight mate! and motor aswell.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah figures but has anyone had this problem with the dim sidelight and ulltra bright headlight? winding me right up

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dim sidelight could just be the bulb is burning, as the glass gets darker the light output decreases. Have you checked to see what condition it's in.

I seem to recall the headlight adjuster just slots in, you fit it and give it half a turn and it locks into position, how could you cross thread that?

Also are you sure you've got the ball located in the running channel of the headlight, I've not really heard a great deal of the motors failing TBH, it's more likely it's not located properly. I use a piece of string and pull the channel toward me, you can then get the ball to locate fairly easily. Once in just push the motor towards the headlight and the tension should keep it engaged, you can then slide the string out and lock the motor into place.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm will go scrappers and get new motor and try the string trick and no its a brand new 501 bulb off ebay tried in both headlights so i know it works must be a short sumwhere gonna be a mission this haha