Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow hotzafira On Twitter

You was Right!!!

Ok let the 'Told you so!' begin,been haveing problems with my o/s rear door not locking when i locked the door with the fob,was told by a few people on here that it was the wires in the harness,i checked all i could see and even had the door card off,but nothing!!! So yesterday the good lady off the house was off work ill so i had the time to potter around the car as you do ha ha.
    Looked closer into this problem and look

Snapped wires,yes you all did tell me! well ive jus but terminals on them for now until i can get hold ov a souldering iron but IT WORKS!!!
    So SORRY, and I bow down to your superior knowledge,YOU ARE THE MAN (all how said it was that)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That looks terrible. The boot has been cut so you now going to run into corrosion problems too
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My thoughts exactly.

Cutting the boot might have helped you identify one problem but now you will forever until you change that boot be having other problems with corrosion.

Bad decision to cut that boot....Better to have just pulled it back and fixed the wires and put the boot back in it's place.

Zafiraowner

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive realised that now so it mite be either a trip o vaux or maybe a tube ov heat shrink tubein,just glad i got it sorted will still need be sorted properly but it works for now,no1 told me not to cut the boot,learn by your mistakes!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I did mine I cut the broken wires further up the harness, pulled them down, overlapped, soldered, double heat shrinked, cloth tape wrapped then slid the boot back into place. Then I had to extend the harness inside the cabin with about 4" of extra cable to make up for the pull down and a bit to spare
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    jus need get meself a solder iron and sum heat shrink, can do the job right then,thanks for the input tho and yes i know 'you told me so' lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotzafira View Post
    ive realised that now so it mite be either a trip o vaux or maybe a tube ov heat shrink tubein,just glad i got it sorted will still need be sorted properly but it works for now,no1 told me not to cut the boot,learn by your mistakes!!!
    Only problem with headshrink is that when you heat it, it becomes less flexible.

Normally i would recommend the type with hotglue inside but in this case the result would be even more catastrophic since the hotglue type gets even less flexible when heated.

The only right thing to do would be to get a new rubber boot that fits the car. Everything else will be temporary fixes that will work for various amounts of time.

Just a thought from someone that has worked alot with heatshrink. It is a great product for many tasks but not where there will be much bending back and forth every time the door is opened and closed.

Zafiraowner