Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pipercross viper install question

Hi all,

getting an astra mk4 sri within the next few days and im going to be getting a pipercross viper kit. I was wondering if anyone else here has one? and also where you can install it without much fuss? (im not into cutting holes in the bumper and have heard you can put them behing the grille?) Im looking for something that can fit in behind the grille? pretty sure i've seen something that looks sort of like a flat funnel type thing ?

car already has a (what looks like k&n) cone already on it, so i dont have any of the previous connections/ airbox im afraid .

hope someone can help heh

cheers,

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    i had a 2nd hand viper kit on my Astra and sold it to a mate. the airbox mod and decent panel filter on a N/A Astra is much better and the Viper is far too expensive for what it is imo. If you want to fit the viper it will come with a fitting kit that allows it to fit on the inner wing in place of the factory airbox. it is then best to get the Vectra'c' inlet pipe from Vauxhall and fit this to the front slam panel in place of the original Astra one and run some 75mm tubing from this to the filter inlet, this will give good cold airfeed without having to butcher the front of the car and will give a neat finish

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks pal.

hmm, might consider the vectra c airbox route. so they give about the same airflow as a pipercross viper would ?

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    again only my opinion mate but i feel that overall the car is better with the Vectra 'c' mod, it only costs a few quid and gives good results. From my own experiences of driving with both set up's i was hard pushed to tell the difference. the main aim is to get lots of fresh cold air in and that is just what the Vectra 'c' modification does. It is all down to personal taste, but at around £200 for a Viper, i would rather spend this on other goodies for my motor and i was glad i only paid £25 for a 2nd hand one as i was not overly impressed once fitted

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ..i was glad i only paid £25 for a 2nd hand one as i was not overly impressed once fitted
    you talking about the veccy intake here ? heh ( i suspect the viper but not really sure lol )

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    yes mate, vectra'c' intake pipe, take out bottom resonator pipe in airbox, leave top resonator pipe in and fit a good performance panel filter (optional) and it will be breathing that bit better.