Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Astra SXI MK4 - Windscreen washer problem

Hi All,

Wondered if anyone could help with a problem I'm having. The washers on my astra have packed up. When I pull back on the stalk (no not that) I can here the motor whirring, but no water comes out.

I have done the following

-Checked the reservoir is full of water
    -Cleaned the nozzels out with a pin.

Anyone got any other suggestions on what the problem could be??

Many Thanks

Rob

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    open the bonnet pull off the large seal at the back of the engine, get under the scuttle panel and take off the pipes to the jets, check to see if any water is coming straight out the pipes, if so then its just the jets tht are blocked, if not could be a blockage it the pipes or something wrong with the motor. hope this helps

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help...

Yeah , if you can hear the pump then its obvs not nakered... take off the hoses that lead to the jets.. if water comes out of there when there disconected then the jets are blocked.. if not then get yourself an airhose etc and gently blow down the pipe which is connected to the jets.. this should un-block the hose.. if not ur gonna have to start take off the hoses to clean them even better... another thing to watch is.. if your using different types of screen wash.. make sure you dont mix them.. we have alot of cars come into my work with blocked hoses etc because customers have used screenwash from say asda.. and then topped it up with another screen wash from halifords.. it just ends up congeeling in the resivoir and turns into this horrible jelly like crap.. cloggs up your filter and hoses.. hope this helps =)
    Drives : 2002 Black Astra sxi 1.6 16 v
    MODS = Power flow catback system , pipercross viper induction kit,4 cd changer,irmisher spoiler

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Chaps.

I'm pretty poor at car type stuff, but I know someone who loves it so I think he'll be helping me this weekend!!