Thread: Cheap flights

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cheap flights

Right, I am trying to organise my mates stag do to Krakow on 4/09/09 - 06/09/09. Does anyone know of a good place to get cheap flights? Bear in mind there will be around 20 lads.
    I'm thinking Ryan air at the moment as that seems to be the cheapest I have found, but I'm hoping maybe there is someone who knows of anywhere cheaper.
    Appreciate the help guys and girls
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Where is your nearest Airport mate?
    Honda Civic Type R

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The nearest airport to me is Heathrow, but any London airport would be fine.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Had a quick gander mate, what prices did you find on ryanair? Had a look on easyjet who are also usually cheap and getting prices of around £70 one way. They are dearer on a Friday by the looks of it, as on Tuesday they are £30!!
    Honda Civic Type R

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Easyjet is good place to go with for flights. We flew from Luton to Krakow in Feb last year for works dou!

Very beautiful city, stay away from Zywiec "skank Brew" after 2 nights heavy drinking, the smell and taste of polish lager gets to you, and you be back on bottles in no time

On Serious note tho be careful where you go. City centre best place to go. Went in feb so british groups were very quiet, but speaking to bar owners, when stag trips turn up locals run, and you find it hard get into places. We go into places as it was feb, quiet and we were not too loud, and not being tw*ts.
    Avoid larger clubs was suggested too!
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why take plane when you can do a road trip and stop over in amsterdam?! hehe.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had someone tell me today he books outbound flights with one airline and returns with another. I have noticed myself they are always cheaper one way or the other, each one can advertise prices from £xx - most people will then book a return with same airline.

Also had a mate had a stag weekend in Latvia and they had to club together to ensure the safe return of one of the party who went missing.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that I will give easyjet a go. Good idea sport-hatch, I will see if it works out cheaper using different airlines.

Trenchy - the cheapest I have found so far is on skyscanner.net. Works out at around £120 each return. That is not too bad but want to shop around as I'm sure we could get cheaper than that.

Iansimms2004 - That would be a laugh mate, but I don't think one weekend would be enough for a road trip with stop offs. Plus, if we go Amsterdam first we will never get to Krakow.

Iain863 - Thanks for the advice mate. I will bear that in mind

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I went to Prague for my 21st, there was 12 of us and we all paid £100 each for a hostel AND flights. Bargain!
    Great place also
    Honda Civic Type R

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Problem with booking with Ryanair is that they have alot of hidden charges. To check in for your flight, they charge a fiver per person per flight, and that's if you do it online, they charge, I think, £8 per person booking fee, if they cancel your flight for whatever reason then you have to rebook, if you buy duty free and can't put it in your hand luggage bag, they charge an extra £28.50 to take it on the plane. IMO stay away from them, an ex worked there, and I've flown with them a few times (only because of her staff travel) and they are absolutely crap. Oh, and the fact that alcohol on board is stupidly expensive, about £7 for a bottle of wine that contains enough for 1 glass only, £7-8 a beer, etc.

Personally, the only airline I use to go away with is easyJet, but that might have something to do with the cheap flights that I get . Also, if you miss your flight by 30 mins, they put you on the next flight for free, if you miss the flight by upto 2 hours, they put you on the next flight and charge something like £15, but that bit won't be advertised as they don't want to have people being late turned into a habit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast