Thread: CraigJG's Sxi

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

CraigJG's Sxi

So i got my car 2 years ago and have been deciding all of this time whether to modify it or not but now im fully fledged electrician i thought id spend some money on her to get some things done

So there it is all detailed after a sunny day, this is after i got my back windows tinted, the car was fully standard at this point. i then got a piper induction kit but im changing to the K&N Gen ii next month, i heard there better but ill just try and see what happens. Put a sportex twin 3" back box on too and just ordered the through pipe off fleabay.

I started on the interior at the weekend, i seen a picture somewhere of the interior in red and thought it looked pretty good so i thought id give it a go.

So i took everything out on sunday cause my LEDs arrived on the saturday afternoon and got to spraying. I used ford colarado red aswell as the primer and everything else from halfords and heres how it turned out.

Was pretty chuffed with the results and the gaitors i got from ebay really go well with it.

So im happily driving to work the day after and someone drives into the side of me in the car park (thats what i get for bein happy i suppose haha). And theres the damage.

It was a lot worse that it looks on the photo, there were bad scratches and the wheel arch was creased right in around the lip.

I was meant to be spraying my trim on monday night but that had to wait so i could get the dents out, cant afford the rediculous amount at the garage so i had to do it myself, im no stranger to DIY so i just took the back seats out and the door card and pushed it out, i t-cut the scratches and polished it out as best i could and heres how it looked.

Ive done more work last night and got the crease out of the wheel arch and it looks ten times better, ill put pics of it up tonight when i get home.

I put some new ice in too got a sony head unit from halfords and some sony explod 1200w subs in the boot with the matching amp.

Think it looks pretty swish against the red centre console

There it is up close woppin out a bit of luda :P and belows the subs sound pretty sweet.

Just blue LEDs in too they were cheap off ebay and a waste really i should have just payed top price for them as only teo of them will work in the dials but im starting to like the faded look in the middle.

Fitted my new grill aswell aswell as some new reg plates but i dont have a pic of them yet just the grill

Me and my mate are fitting the new spax springs i got tonight so ill get pics of them up later too, im refurbing my wheels next week when im off work in white so im lookin forward to that. Next mods are angel eyes and a spoiler so ill keep this updated. Gimme some comments and let me know what you think.
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...-s-VXRed/page1 - My VXR - AOC Top 10 Winner PVS 2013 - 304BHP Powered By RS Tuning & Arc Reactor

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    So fitted the springs last night, wasnt too hard but my arse did nip a bit undoing the spring compressors lol ive heard too many horror stories but its done now and looks pretty good and handles like a dream, decided not to refurb my wheels though gonna get 18"s instead :P pics below.

Done some more work on the the crash damage too, hardly noticable now as you can see on the pic so im pretty pleased
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...-s-VXRed/page1 - My VXR - AOC Top 10 Winner PVS 2013 - 304BHP Powered By RS Tuning & Arc Reactor

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Is been a while since i updated, took a break over the winter but now thats over im gettin back too it, got some 17" tsw alloys and fitted them

and re trimmed the door cards in red

just bought some stuff off ebay, gsi spoiler, mud flaps, new grill and some eye brows so gonna fit them after the weekend

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Cars sold now, miss it a little but i have this to play with now lol,

ill come back to vauxhall one day when i save up enough for my burg lol, still gonna update on the fiances mk5 so im not ditchin completely lol