Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z20LET clutch options.

Hi guys,

Well its gearbox replacement time for me soon so the box will be coming off, although the current clutch has only done about 14k or so, hardly worth while leaving that clutch in there.

So basically my question is, what clutch upgrades are around on the net? and what prices?

Ideally i'd like one thats going to be capable of standing a good 300bhp or more, but willing to listen to all options.

I'm also considering an LSD but will have to see how the cash flow pans out in the end...

Any information with regards to the clutch etc would be brilliant, if people would also care to link to places that sell said items would be a bonus.

Ideally i'm just after good value for money, i know you get what you pay for but a good option for hopefully not a silly ammount is ideal.

Thanks everyone.

EDIT: i had seen a fast road option such as this which comes with just about everything, any feedback on these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...d=p3286.c0.m14

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you do a seach on here its been covered many times with regards to the different clutch options
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i've got a helix clutch and lightened flywheel from Regal, running ph3.5 all is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    clokey, i have searched but older threads don't always mean its the current up to date and best information. Doesn't mean some haven't dropped in price, or are currently on offer / sale.

Neither does it mean a new clutch hasn't been released? new things constantly coming out for these engines.

astra dave, would you mind telling me how much that lot cost mate? Also did it come with pressure plate, and clutch release bearing?

Lightened flywheel is something i'd deffinatly be considering, the only thing i'm a little concerned about is i intend swapping to higher lift cams, so don't know if it would be a good combination.

Cheers.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i'm not to sure, i'll dig out the bill and have a look. i've got the high lift cam fitted, with the lightened fly, just makes it a little easier to stall if your not careful on the gas pedel, i've only stalled it a couple of times through not paying attention.
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info dave, much appreciated, i'm not too worry about it stalling easier, was more concerned about it idling reasonable, i'd guess it'll be even more lumpy. I was considering re-grinds though and having both the inlet and exhaust cams done, so might be a little worse than yours at present.

Cheers.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    had a quick look and i can't find it, i shall get back to you asap.

Idle is a little lumpy but sounds ace imo, you shouldn't need the exhaust cam, only the inlet, best and cheapest bet is a inlet cam from a 2.0 vectra aka XEV, fit that and knock it back one tooth.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    spoke to the previous owner of my car, who said to me.....

"The clutch on yours is a helix organic clutch and the flywheel is a fidanza jobbie

I paid 360 for the clutch plate, cover plate and release bearing and the fly was 240 off chrisR"

So there you go matey, all the information.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    the Fidanza fly is much lighter than the courtenay one.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if ur after cams mate - ive got a brand new piper 270 fast road cam here - had both reground but one smashed......dont ask how!!!!

as both cams are identical then this could be used in inlet or exhaust

let me know if ur interested - im even down ur way on fri

as for the clutch/fly i was thinkin of selling - thats been put on back burner as funds dont allow it