Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just got a new astra and.....

hello guys,

just got another mk4 astra as a runabout whilst mines off the road still in progress building this install.

its a 1998 S plate 1.4 ls and is pretty much standard other than the wheels, only gave £500 for it and im happy for what i paid however,

there is alot of shakin on the wheels at 60 + so i know the balancing is needed to be done and the wheel is slightly to the right about an inch so i think the tracking needs doing however it is not pullin to the right or left.

on closer inspection of the wheels the front tyres are completly bold and the inside of the tyre and you can just fadely see the tread on the outerside of the tyres but there is about 6-7 mm still all the way round on the middle of the tyres.

i cannot vouch for how long these wheels have been on the car or what condition the tyres was before they was on there so not sure if this has been caused by the astra just i dont wanna go spend 3-400 on some rubber and them end up like this in a months time.

can anyone shed anylight for me before i waste some money lol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wearing on both edges is usually low tyre pressures mate.

Get it tracked, front wheels balanced and new tyres- ask them to make sure the bead of the rim isn't leaking too!

Hope this helps!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could well be that i only got the car yesterday lol just need to get some tyres ordered off the net first, thanks for the help il go check pressure

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have a guy down the road from me, slightly worn tires - £25 each, they literally have a few hundred miles on them!
    My Auto-Bio - HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by arnienemo View Post
    i have a guy down the road from me, slightly worn tires - £25 each, they literally have a few hundred miles on them!
    do you mean fred's tyres, or fred's tread what ever its called?
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall