Thread: LPG question

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow LPG question

hi there, - i have a 1.8 auto, & just would like to know if its a good idea to switch to dual fuel LPG.

are there any disadvantages and who fits such a system to work alongside petrol?.

..just a late night thought
    2007 (57) BLACK 1.3CDTi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Although i can't comment on the Astra specifically but i have an LPG kit on the Audi.

Disadvantages are lack of power and extra weight, obviously a tank of LPG isn't very light, and in my Audi at least you get a loss of power when using LPG. My kit just has a pipe connected to the air inlet rather than being connected to the injectors which causes a bigger loss of power though. You also get a loss of MPG for the same reason.

I think as long as your engine isn't to new and hooked up to 100 computers then generally LPG isn't much of a problem. As my Audi is '96 it's all pretty basic stuff, my Z20LET however would be a pain in the ass to fit LPG to and the kit i have in the Audi wouldn't bolt on in the same way it would to a nice simple XE

Generally after buying and fitting an LPG kit it will take a long time to get the money back from the savings. That's why buying a car with it already fitted is the smart thing to do unless you can get the kit yourself cheap and do most of the fitting yourself.

Then again, when i'm getting around 22MPG from the Audi being able to do 170miles for £18 is a life saver