Thread: dual fuel astra

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dual fuel astra

Hi guys I've just joined the club and currently have an old diesel astra but I am thinking of upgrading this to a dual fuel astra. I have had a LPG car in the past and was impressed with the saving on fuel however, it was an old single point injection system and I noticed a drop in performance when on gas.

I am a bit concerned that as I do over 300 miles a week the relatively small tank in the dual fuel car is going to result in my having to fill it twice a week (no big issue just a bit of a niggle).

Can anyone give me an honest opinion of how the dual fuel astra performs, and sort of mileage on a tankfull, and anything I should look out for when buying one.

AndyS

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My dual fuel van feels no different at all when running on either gas or petrol,
    I think vauxhall say on gas there is a 5% drop in performance,
    but with most gas conversions being on the 1.6 8 valve 5% of f**k all is f**k all if you know what Im saying!

try and make sure that the gas system has been serviced as it often gets overlooked when a car goes in for a 'service'
    (I learnt that the hard way!)

But overall its saved me a lot of money and I would reccomend it to anyone,
    Let us know how you get on
    hth
    Todd

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the info Todd - will let you know what I decide after I go to see the car tomorrow (will definately ask when the gas system was last charged - hadn't thought of that one!).

AndyS

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where the lpg fuel gauge is on a 2002astra van

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 52 Mk4 1.6LS is a dual fuel. Factory fit but I bought the vehicle S/H. I could not be happier with it and I notice no difference in performance. The mpg is about 90% of what you get from unleaded, therefore at about half the price is about 40% rather than 50% if it was same mileage for half the price.

I've had it four and a half years now and I would be just so loathe to have to go back to a petrol only car. I would fight tooth and nail to avoid that!

There's no lpg fuel gauge on my car, it's the same single usual location on the instrument panel gauge and if you switch from petrol to lpg mid-flight it just moves to the right reading. The switch is on the bar between the ashtray and gearstick gaiter, where the heated seat switches often are on higher models.