0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

opinions on exhaust for act

hey ppl

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-COUPE-BE...d=p3286.c0.m14

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...d=p3286.c0.m14

any opinions on which you guys would go for?

got a hole in current exhaust so looking for another slightly louder option

cheers

mart

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Will the 2.2 fit? Or it a case of bodging it.

The 2nd own is fairly horrid IMO. I would be looking for somekind of twin. posssibly twin boxes. Ok this is £620, but you can get something like that far cheaper.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well the first one wont fit directly as its only 2" bore as opposed to the factory standard of 2.25" bore on turbo models....

most aftermarket turbo pipework is 2.5" but at least stick with 2.25" at the bare minimum

the first one would fit - well the flange would need chopped about with to make it fit.

the 2nd one on the other hand will fit directly........... but only one problem...... its bloody horrid!

Theres some crackin deals usually to be had on ebay - cybox is a good company and seems to offer some good deals budget wise

Have you considered the custom route? Should get a backbox tailored to your requirements for about £160 if not less

If you want LOUD then you could always try exhaustsuk.com - they trade on ebay under a few different names - loudness is their main focus.....but on the flipside their customer service and so called trained experts are downright attrocious lol

in other words......either off the shelf.... or a good custom place is my advice

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cool

thanks bandit

i was searching forum for a while this morning to see what would fit and wouldnt but wasnt having much luck.

the 2nd exhaust seemed good to me and i know the opinion on here isnt all for upswept style exhausts but thanks for your advice

i thought custom however just wanted something off ebay quick enough to bolt and sound bit throaty and do the job. i will check out the cybox stuff, unless you know anyone with a spare lying round lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a nice oval exhaust suits the coupe perfectly and fits in the bumper cut out.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rizo View Post
    a nice oval exhaust suits the coupe perfectly and fits in the bumper cut out.
    yeah im a fan of them but trying to find one in budget on ebay is hard enough. plus the upswept is stainless steel which always helps

will have to have better look today at gt3 and cybox as they seem most recommended on here

cheers