Thread: How do i install a Blow Off Valve for C20NE engine

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do i install a Blow Off Valve for C20NE engine

In the next few months, i'm gonna be transforming my mk3 into a monster racing machine. New exhaust system all the way through, ecu chip, induction kit, turbo, lightend fly wheel etc. But the job i want to do first before anything else is install a blow off valve. Does anyone have a tutorial or done this before? All the tutorials i've seen haven't been of any use. Alot of ppl say that the c20ne engine is excellent for tuning and that i can expect phenomenal bhp/torque gains if everything is done correctly. So please AOC HELP ME PIMP MY RIDE!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i'd be more worried about trying to do all of the above before installing a BOV mate, as its not gonna work to well without a turbo.....
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You're gonna need the turbo first mate. No turbo = no BOV.

Is that the 2.0 8 valve engine? Didnt think they had a very high output? Have you thought about a z20let or c20let?
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah it's the 2.0L 8v. Which specific turbo would anyone recommend? I know of a romanian who has proved that he gets up to 398bmp from his c20ne. So i don't wanna go buying and swapping engines about. If i need to get a turbo first, then so be it. But which one to buy? Any links or recommendations?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A BOV is the least of your problems lol
    You need to lower the compression, get a turbo and manifold, plumb in oil and water, get an intercooler etc
    2006 Astra 1.9CDTi SRi

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon5989 View Post
    In the next few months, i'm gonna be transforming my mk3 into a monster racing machine. New exhaust system all the way through, ecu chip, induction kit, turbo, lightend fly wheel etc. But the job i want to do first before anything else is install a blow off valve. Does anyone have a tutorial or done this before? All the tutorials i've seen haven't been of any use. Alot of ppl say that the c20ne engine is excellent for tuning and that i can expect phenomenal bhp/torque gains if everything is done correctly. So please AOC HELP ME PIMP MY RIDE!
    This is a pi55 take surely ????

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Might be worthwhile popping over to astra-mk2.com and having a butcher and some of the diaries over there. Pay particular attention to Mr G's turbo build - he's done all of this and it pretty clued up on it all

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LordNikon, you're not the first to ask if it was a piss take. (N i don't blame you) But i figured if a romanian can get those kind of results from the same engine, then why can't i? I understand that a LOT of work needs to go into this, which is why a professional would carry out this work. I need to buy my own parts as the mechanic i use doesn't usually order turbos and intercoolers etc. But don't know where to buy them. If i could have fitted a bov first without the turbo i would have done it myself. By seen as though everything else is needed beforhand, i'm gonna have to find an online supplier and take it from there. So does anyone know who supplies turbos, intercoolers and manifold for my engine?

This forum has never let me down yet, I just someone can help this time aswell.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah it's the 2.0L 8v. Which specific turbo would anyone recommend? I know of a romanian who has proved that he gets up to 398bmp from his c20ne. So i don't wanna go buying and swapping engines about. If i need to get a turbo first, then so be it. But which one to buy? Any links or recommendations?
    Well good luck to you mate but your gonna need very deep pockets and why bother with such an old engine?? You say if a Romanian can do it why cant you? Well the answer is maybe he is in the tuning trade and knows a hell of a lot about these things or has a large amount of cash to play with and so can pay someone who knows what they are doing to carry out the work. No offence but you have already proved you don't know much about mechanics with the bov question so do you have a lot of cash to play with? But then the question why use such an old n/a engine still stands?

It's going to be cheaper, quicker, easier, more reliable to buy a c20let / z20let which already has a turbo and is 200bhp as standard than fitting a turbo kit to your C20NE.
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LordNikon, you're not the first to ask if it was a piss take. (N i don't blame you) But i figured if a romanian can get those kind of results from the same engine, then why can't i? I understand that a LOT of work needs to go into this, which is why a professional would carry out this work. I need to buy my own parts as the mechanic i use doesn't usually order turbos and intercoolers etc. But don't know where to buy them. If i could have fitted a bov first without the turbo i would have done it myself. By seen as though everything else is needed beforhand, i'm gonna have to find an online supplier and take it from there. So does anyone know who supplies turbos, intercoolers and manifold for my engine?

This forum has never let me down yet, I just someone can help this time aswell.
    To be fair i genuinely thought you were mad, i still think you are tbh - in a good way i might add

I just dont see the point in going through all this pain and agro when you can get a C20LET and its mostly already done for you.

Ok its cool to be different but the extra hassle for next to no gain ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast