Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow hotzafira On Twitter

how do i....

as you all probably seen (thanks pete ha ha) got myself a grill with fogs,so got all the bits i need now to change it but jus need know how the fogs attach to the grill,is it jus bolt and nut,if so do you kind people know wot size i need,dont wanna spend all day tryin different set ups jus want it in thanks again oh and watch ya photbucket accounts lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I did the same as you, I used a screw through the bottom mount, a thick cable tie on the far ends, and a nut and bolt in the mount towards the middle.

Hope that helps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Hotzafira, just a small tip, either make your photobucket account private or don't upload the reveal pic until you actually choose to reveal the answer. In respect of your question I've no idea but would like to know too as I too am interested in retro fitting the fogs and grille etc....
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotzafira View Post
    as you all probably seen (thanks pete ha ha) got myself a grill with fogs,so got all the bits i need now to change it but jus need know how the fogs attach to the grill,is it jus bolt and nut,if so do you kind people know wot size i need,dont wanna spend all day tryin different set ups jus want it in thanks again oh and watch ya photbucket accounts lol
    Could you not buy the clips/ nuts/ brackets from VX so they are fitted to the grill correctly.

I am going to be doing this at some point and shall be looking to get the parts needed from VX, I already have the grill and am looking to buy the lights.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow hotzafira On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
    Hotzafira, just a small tip, either make your photobucket account private or don't upload the reveal pic until you actually choose to reveal the answer. In respect of your question I've no idea but would like to know too as I too am interested in retro fitting the fogs and grille etc....
    was thinkin the same meself moon,carnt believe it didnt know you cud do that. Am thinkin ov goin vauxhall dearship see wot they say about fittings dont wanna bodge it and go let you all know how i do.(was funny tho nickin me pic lol)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    You can get the lights quite easily from ebay, I used the fittings above to attach the new lights to the grill & bumper ( the screw goes through the bumper into the bottom of the foglight.)

The connections for the foglights should be there behind the bumper, but the loom bringing them to the fusebox may not be, so an aftermarket switch & relay will do the job.

However you will have to get VX to fit a loom if you want the standard fog switch to work and the dash light to work ( unless you're quite handy with electrics.)