Thread: civic type r & s2000

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

civic type r & s2000

ok so basiccally i sold my gti and now am carless but having now done my oath of alliagance it is only a matter of time before i join the army so have been looking for motors! have been approved finance at a few places and have been dowwn a import garage today and test drove 2 cars! civic type r and s2000. both were from japan both had less then 50,000 on clock and both were similar price.

details: type r ek3 shape but has a spoon engine and supercharger, exhaust system etc and was black with red whwwls dyno print out off 301bhp.

s2000 with a mugen engine, exhaust system etc 341bhp white with black alloys! etc

now having driven both the s2000 frightened the life out of me lol and the civic was pretty quick to say the least!

now the question is.... has any one had imported car before?? is there something to look out for??? anyone heard of mugen??? and am i better off getting a car that started life over here??
    anyone had a type r or s2000 before etc????
    ONLY DRIVE AS FAST AS YOUR ANGELS CAN FLY

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a type-r, awesome cars, but if i had the choice id go for an S2000 everyday of the week.

What are you going in the army as? How old are you? These cars just seem a little pricey for someone thats going to be on what 13.5k a year(basing that on my memory)? The insurance will be stonking on those cars if your under 25 and other running costs will be substantial aswell. A standard Type-R is ins group 17 so if your under 21 you have to pay a small fortune for insurance, a tuned one, well i cant imagine how much thatd be for someone under 21.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'd go for the s2000 aswell, just love the look of them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    am 19 and insurance wont be a problem! have sorted that. and running costs yh may be lil expensive but remember it wont be used all the time especially during first year or so of being in army! i prefered the drive of the civic but the power of s2000.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Both are awesome cars so whichever you get will put a smile on your face. I would try and explain that its not a good idea to get either but its your decision. Just if your getting finance, just make sure you have money already in your account as they don't pay you your wages into your bank account for awhile whilst in phase 1. They give you a small portion of your pay, cash in hand for 1st 7 weeks i believe. Thats why they don't like people joining that have commitments above 300 per month.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yh i know! the finance package is pay nothing for 6 months anyway! and i would already have enough to pay 3/4 months anyway! cheers

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had a CTR before and it is an awesome car. However, for daily usage, it can be a pain if you prefer a bit of comfort. As for Mugen, they are one of the daddy's for Honda tuning

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    S2000 all day long great car and RWD!!
    2004 Zafira GSi veccy-c intake/cat-back milltek/alpine
    2006 Focus ST dreamscience/full mongoose 275bhp

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpburn View Post
    am 19 and insurance wont be a problem! have sorted that.
    I hope it's not a case of "It's under my dad's name but I drive it 100% of the time" ... You'll be found out if you have to claim.

I'd choose the S2000 if I had to but if I was 19, I'd spend my money elsewhere.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when i was getting quotes on hondas the prices were sky high.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast