Thread: Whiteline RARB

azi

Whiteline RARB

Right just recieved this today but not sure if i should put it on as i am awaiting for my DAP Springs..

so my question.. if i was to put the RARB on, will it need to be taken off when the new springs get put on?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no it dosent need to be removed to fit the springs.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    we fitted the RARB and springs at the same time a couple months back to a mates car as it was easier to do it all at the same time

having said that the RARB only takes an hour and the rear springs about 10mins so its no real hardship

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where did you order the rarb im after 1 cheers buddy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wait until your fitting the springs. Whilst you can do the springs without moving the ARB you need to enlarge the hole at the centre of the spring seat to 10mm, you normally do this from underneath but it can mean that as the drill erupts it causes a small mound of waste metal. If you have access to this section (and you will have if the springs are removed) you can file down this extra metal which allows the washer to fit better. You can also drill the hole from the top without the springs fitted which I personally prefer.

Make sure you fit the thick washers on the top of the spring seating dome or you stand a good chance of squashing the dome as it's quite thin. I had these washers added to the Whiteline kit when I fitted mine some time ago and my spring domes were distorted, Whiteline very kindly listened to my comments on this and changed not only the installation kit but the way the bar was shaped as the early ones weren't bend quite right. They even sent me a free bar to replace the one I had fitted, including a new fixing kit. I sold that as I adapted the original fittings to accomodate the old bar
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

azi
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeyb View Post
    where did you order the rarb im after 1 cheers buddy
    Got it from here http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=2797
    Cost 163 including postage.. it arrived next day delivery... i would call them to make sure you order the right one..

Thanks for the advice so far fellas.. but i think i am going to have a bash at it tomorrow.. all i need is a set of axle stands so off to argos for the bargin stands.. then to find a 10mm drill piece.

so when it comes to fitting the springs will you need to loosen any fixings on the RARB or will it just move easly when the springs are released...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ARB will swing down with the rear beam, nothing should need to be removed.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

azi
    Thanks again fella top man