Thread: Tech 2 Result From Dying Car :(

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tech 2 Result From Dying Car :(

this weeks been mint first the whole engine lark now getting a screw throught me tyre so there a new tyre ordered

any way there was still a fault with the egr aparintly saying low circulation, and me mate looked at the egr valve and found the top screwed a bit this is the one a bought
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190320687582
    so not genuine that maybe why so av got me old one back on now and its kangarooing but if it doesnt cut out a may just blank it off and update the ECU waht you think or it better buying a genuine one?
    Whats a goon to a gobline, nothin?

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You bought the same tat part I did, mine threw the EML light on, sent it back for a refund, my old one is back on for now but I will probably be going for one of these for a little bit more (cheers Marti for the pointer):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-EGR-V...3A1%7C294%3A50

Blanking the EGR off without the ECU update to disable it is not a good idea long term, Ffoeg made a post elsewhere on why this is.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    aye its not cutting out anymore got me old one back on, am goosed after today finaly got power to cig lighter as well, it still kangaroo's as its the old one but least its not as embarresing by dying, so u recon go to vauxhall get one from there, need me service 40k one as well booooo bad times cheap shite we bought!!!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Go for the one in the link, if it fails blame Marti for telling me it is a good one to get, the one you and I got first is definitely rubbish, they are both throwing EML errors up and causing more problems than with the old ones back on!

Once my refund comes through I'll likely buy the one I linked to above, it's a good bit cheaper than through a Dealer, even with Trade Club.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pile of shite

Lol ano , a hope a fet a refund , providing it's goosed but it is coz the top part twists, hmmmmm so tired from me car after this week least a no what's happening, tired the day haha aye a hope martis right or free sausages at the next meet

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    glad u found the cause mate!

that company altho they have relatively good feedback have more than their fair share of horror stories circulating

the face they offer a lowly warranty too is enough to set alarm bells ringing in my head

the one from VPW above is a quality item and is a Delphi branded product - a name to be trusted so youll be fine.. If on the off chance something does go amiss with it, then it will be rectified asap as they are a quality company to deal with.