Thread: snapped locking wheel nut key opps.. advice needed please

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

snapped locking wheel nut key opps.. advice needed please

been having trouble getting removing locking wheel nuts off with my key to much play in the key goes in but when u try turn it comes out because it wobbles all over... so tried at impact wrench on them got 3 off then the last one would not budge and then whoops key snapped...
    ordered a new one but would anyone recommend any other locking wheels nuts to buy as the standard fit one are crap and have to much trouble getting them off.. even the AA man took 30 mins getting one off when i got a puncher and i could not get it off...

any advice on this welcome????

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would allways stay with the gm 1`s as if you ever lost the key and numbers theres a good chance that a vaux garage would be able to get them off,As for breaking the locking key they must of been way to tight 'Ie' neaver use an impact wrench on them they should only be niped up,i allways check mine if the wheels have been taken off as most garages refit them useing the impact gun.
    astra h sri,zx6 b1h road bike

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the tyre place i used did mine up too tight, tried a 3ft torque wrench on it and would not budge, ended up going back to the tyre place and they tried with a massive breaker bar with no joy. they whacked the air wrench on it and they took some undoing. not impressed as everytime i have put them on i don't have a problem getting them off. garages do them up too tight.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust