Thread: Bmw Z4

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bmw Z4

Ok people, what are your thoughts on the Z4.

Been thinking of chopping the astra in for a while now as i have had it for 5 1/2 years and fancy a change. Was hoping to be able to go for a mega upgrade and had looked in to a porker but a few small things have changed and finances won't realy allow that this year. I have therefor had a rethink and narrowed down a few other choices. I have always liked the styling of the CLK but took one out and did not realy like the seating position although the 3.3d was immense. I test drove a new shape TT and was not won over by it, very nice car but just did not feel special enough. So last night i spent a little time looking at different options and have a couple of things to look at.

I like the look of the Z4 but wonder if they are realy any good. Idealy i would have a budget of around the 15k mark maybe a little more and whatever i get for the Astra as a trade in.

So what say you?

Dean
    "I Love It When A Plan Comes Together"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont know much about Z4's but i have been told that the lower engine models are not worth having by a friend who had a Z4 3.0.

Have you considered an e46 M3, they can be had for good money now
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    for around the £13000 mark you can get a tvr tuscan, sporty and really comfortable or for £10500 you could get a boxter. Z4's a good choice in my opinion, dont really know much about them but a friend of a friend has one and hasnt had anything go wrong with it in the time hes owned it
    MK5 1.7 CDTI OWNER AND AN ESTABLISHED MEMBER OF THE DARK SIDE!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you looked at a 350z?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mate has one and loves it to pieces. he only has the 2.0 engine but thats still good for 0-60 in 7.7 secs (parkers figures).
    GTC SRI 2.0 CDTI

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I quite like Z4's. They are a good option over the boxster S as they look a bit more masculine. That said, I think it was topgear who did a test of the Z4 M Vs the boxster S 3.2 and they concluded the Boxster was the best bet.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I like the Z4 with the roof
    I also liked the older one with the 3,2 M3 engine

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Z3 M Coupe.

Personally, I think both boxters and Z4's are hairdressers cars.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Z3 looks dated, Boxster you'd get for 10k would also be v.dated inside, e46 m3, quick but looking a bit long in the tooth..i'd go for a 3.0 Z4 or a Z4 M

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    drove a boxter on a track and compaired to the carrera it was crap and driving one like a hair dresser yo uwill always wish you had the carrera,

my mate is looking at the z4 at the moment since he used to have a bmw 330ci and now hes been in my 323 he wants another bmw, best engine to go for is the 3.0 mate brilliant engine (was in the e46 330 i drove anyway) z3 hairdressers car the z4 is the mans car build quality is great and you dont get my problems with astraight 6 bmw block plus the 3.0 will have the newer 240ish bhp engine,

either that or a e46 m3 hard choice for me it would be the m3 as i like m3's and i need the rear seats if i didnt after looking at running costs id consider a z4 3.0 or maybe a 330 clubsport as thats one of my favorite e46 models
    Heading back to the world of AOC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast