Thread: Annoying rattle from my convertible roof

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Annoying rattle from my convertible roof

Hey all ok rattle only happens when roof is up so roof related lol, i will try and find out exactly where its comming from but it sounds like its comming from back nearside very constant over bumps just above the back nearside door card , its not the rear window which i thought it was becasue i poped that down and it still does it. defantly something in the roof

Just was wondering if anyone else has a rattle when roof is up from the bakc its doing me head in lol !!! only cue at the moment is louder music lol

Dave

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Dave

I had a similar issue on my Mk3 Astra cab which was a pain in the a*** to fix. It was the roof mechanism/motor slightly loose and needed tightening and I also noticed the speaker cable had come loose and knocking on the roof lifter. I had to take the rear panel out to get to it.

I have not had this issue on my Mk4 but its worth taking your rear panel out and having a look.

Kev
    Your car cannot handle a driver of this magnitude!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have this too but cant work out what it is but i havent investigated it yet, when i am dirv ing it sounds like coming from the back right, like something sliding into place

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    When the roof is down but rear cover is still up, have a look where the cables run up from the rear towards the front, just behind the rear quarter card, give the cables a wriggle, i'm sure one hits againsts the body but can't be tied back too much due to its movement when going up and down. I'll try and get a pic when i get home.
    BMW 535d Msport / Meriva VXR

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine has a rattle but it sounds like theres something flapping around, like the head lining, BUT, when i put my passenger window down and back up, it stopped so i think it was the roof moving over bumps and rubbing the top of the window, some how? or the 2 windows touching slighty?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Here's the offending item that was rattling on mine.

BMW 535d Msport / Meriva VXR

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have suddenly developed an annoying rattle in my roof too! Left hand side, sounds like it's coming from the mechanism just above the passenger's head (no . . . it still does it when she's not in the car!) as it also only occurs when the roof is up. I have only had a brief look but everything looks in order - nothing obvious anyhow. Not real keen on getting too carried away as I don't fancy ending up with a bigger problem if I start playing about with things I know nothing about.

Some good tunes and a few more decibels seems to pretty much solve the problem in the meantime.
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!