Thread: Paulst30 MK4 Astra 1.6 8v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Paulst30 MK4 Astra 1.6 8v

Here it is when i was given it. My old 1.4 astra mk4 died and i was given this astra after the owner smashed the gearbox on something. So we got the gearboxes swapped and i ended up with this.

The girl let me keep her Kenwood system with the iPod connector. Its pretty sweet and charges the iPod too. The dock was in the glovebox and this was becoming quite annoying so i re-routed it to the storage box.

As you can see, the interior is really really boring. It due to be ripped out for something better once the right 'thing' comes along and funds support such a project.

Shortly after i backed into a bollard at work and i have no idea how i managed it so it was repaired shortly after i debadged the boot.

Tinted the lights the other night, but i think they need to be darker.

Put a little ariel on too with threadlock so swines cant steal it.

My exhaust holders rusted right off the backbox and had no choice but to do a quick fix via a visit to B&Q

After taking my left wheel off i lost a wheeltrim. The wheel was off to investigate squeaking. It ended up being the dust shield rubbing on the inside of the disc. It was taken away. However this left me looking great on the road. Alloys have been bought.

IT Services for Glasgow, UK
    This is only here for google webmaster tools purposes.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have also de-restricted the airbox and changed the wipers, fixed the glovebox handles, fitted rear wiper arm and fitted new fuel filter.

My next plans are

Alloys (in the pipeline)
    Crosshatch grill with i badge (ordered)
    Colour code bumps n handles myself
    Replace the grey interior
    New insurance in the next coming months

then..

lowered on coilovers
    Irmscher exhaust
    Possible new bumpers and skirts

I'm loving this project and seeing the car has only done 44,000 miles i think its worthwhile

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a couple of minor changes to report. I know its an ebay grill but having kids kinda eats up my funds lol

Same as the first pic, but with the changes

Its due to rain from the heavens tomorrow, but today i went out and bought some more rattle cans and plastic primer so i'm going to do my bump strips and handles at the first given opportunity.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well after a few days having the alloys on the car, i cant say its an improvement. The car is sluggish to say the least. I was aware that steering would be affected but talk about slow off the mark :

Slow is something i can get used too, but they are noisy too, so its a steep 'get used too' curve at the moment. Coupled with the wheel nuts working loose everyday my alloy experience hasn't been great.

I absolutely love my grill and makes it look so different.

I'd be welcome of any pm's that can enlighten me on why putting on alloys would produce such a performance deficit.

The next plan is to change some interior looks a bit. I have my eye on a MK4 at the local scrappy decked out in black interior.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Totally got used to the alloys and after buying two new hankook tyres for the fronts its transformed the feel. My father in law bought some flatblade wipers off Aceparts and they looked great so i went on and bought some myself

I had an absolute nightmare yesterday colour coding my bump strips as it kept raining all day, so i was in and out, sanding lacquering, sanding, lacquering and so forth. It isnt the easiest job to get right, but taking your time does produce the right result. Cant say the same for my daft job of putting the Imry badge on

After seeing the result of the strips, its only too fair the handles and skirts get the same treatment lol

I need to get my brake disks changed and pads, also get my gearbox looked at, but other than that i dont really know what to do now.